Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation of Empty Cylinder on Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have this business scenario whereby the company requirement is as follows:

The company manufactures and sells gases. These gases are generally rented out to customers who pays monthly. The sale is recorded on a normal sales order OR, 2 line items are displayed, with the 1st line as the gas product and the 2nd as the empty cylinder.

Now the issue is, if a customer requires a new gas and does not have an empty to return, how will the business record the empty cylinder on a sales order? Presently they are using manual documents to capture information.

Please can anyone of you assist. Or suggest a solution.

Many Thanks

Pranzo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Empty Cylinders - Returnable Packing material

Use BOM concept

I didn't work on the above scenario may be you can try and also check the below link , it may or may not useful , so have a look below link

[Re: gas cylinder records |;

[Re: Returnable packaging material |]

Regards,

Prasanna

Edited by: prasanna_sap on Feb 8, 2012 10:50 AM

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A similar business scenario I resolved differently:

Since gases cannot be sold without cylinder, I had a production order to fill the cylinder which consumes gas and cylinder, so in sales order there's only one logistic relevant line.

For the cylinder we charged deposit, so you can have it as a condition, and also print on invoice.

Empty cylinders were collected on a return order, and received in stock (to be later consumed again in the filling process). A credit memo was produced against the returns, to be offset against the charge of the deposit.

This worked just fine.