cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching a file to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a strang erequirement. the input file is a zip file which contains data file and digital signature file. we need to post the invoice document with the data file and attach the digital signature to the ivoice idoc.

i see idoc adapter will not support attachements. but how to handle this requirement?

attaching a file to idoc?

please help me. if you need any more details on the requirements please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use an ABAP Proxy instead, see Michal's blog for ABAP Proxies with attachments

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Attaching a file to an IDoc is not possible. You will have to look for a workaround. I would recommend storing those digital signature files on an external server and creating a link, that the user can simply click to go to the file, in the invoice itself. Use the Archive Link solution for this purpose.

Alternatively, you could use the Content Server to store files internally and link it to invoice.

Both ways would require a more complex solution then simply sending the IDoc.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg for your response.

Could you please eloberate me on the archive link or content server concepts.

much appreciable if you could provide any blogs or links on the same.

Thanks,

Naresh

Edited by: naresh j on Feb 8, 2012 10:46 AM

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Brief description of SAP Content Server, with many useful links for details in particular areas:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/40/32104211625933e10000000a155106/content.htm

Similar one for ArchiveLink:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5e/566039b85f9443e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Greg