Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLED for In-process inspection materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working for Steel Industry.

I am able to create SLED for GR inspection for production order (04 Inspection type)

But I want SLED for in process inspection materials.

Our scenario is that for finished products we are using In process inspection (03 inspectionn type) and confirming the accepted qty in Results Recording confirmation. After that PP will do the confirmation.

As it is the finished product I want to calculate SLED for the same. I have completed the required configuration and master data for SLED. Eventhough I enter the date of manufacture in production order confirmation, SLED is not calculating for the same.

Anybody can please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Devaraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't have a SLED until you have inventory. So until u do the GR u can't have a SLED.

Can u share with us why you need a SLED before u do the GR?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing production order confirmation for (CO11N) for in process inspection (inspection type 03) now the SLED is calculated.

My requirement is once the next inspection date is reached the inspection lot should be created automatically for the SLED materials using QA07. My finished goods stock is in Sales Order Stock - Unrestricted use (Make To Order (MTO) scenario). I tried to use QA07 but inspection lot is not creating. I maintained the following masters:

1) Material Master - QM view - Inspection type 09

2) Batch Record - Next Inpection date and SLED is available.

In QA07 inspection lot will be created only for Unrestricted Use material which I found when I debug the QA07 program. Now I want inspection lot for Sales Order Stock - Unrestricted use also. Is there any SAP note and User Exit to achieve this.

Anybody can please help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Devaraj

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that I am aware of. I think you'll have to copy the program and modify it to look at the sales stock inventory.

I'm curious though as to why this happens however? If you have an order for the material, why would it expire in your stock? Shouldn't it be shipped? SAP envisioned that sales stock was just that, it was sold material because you took an order to make it and assumes you are delivering it before it would come close to expiring.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for you reply.

As it is a finished product material if it reaches the SLED of 1 year, my client wants recurring inspection of sales order stock unrestricted use materials. The chances for lying such type of stocks are less but if so they wants physical inspection before despatch. In order to prevent the despatch of 1 year exceeded materials before re-inspection I need this requirement.

In SAP Standard it is not possible to move the Sales Order Stock - Unrestricted Use to Inspection Stock I am going to ask my client to move the same to Unrestricted Use Stock (own stock) using 411 mvt with Special Stock E. After that they can move the same to Inspection stock.

Regards,

Devaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I undertand correctly SLED is calculated only during :

- Goods receipt (GR)

- Automatic goods movements

for 03 inspection lot you are not doing the GR .

GR/automatic goods mvt comes into picture during 04 inspection type.