Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE engine hangs on startup after hanging SDM deploy is killed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to develop on J2EE server 6.4, with

PCK ( from XI3.0) SP1 installed, WinXP SP1.

From time to time, with no apparent reason, the deployment of my SDA using the SDM GUI hangs. I wait a while 30min, where the normal deploy time is 1-2min and then shutdown the system (SDMserverdispatched) using the MMC. The SDM GUI stars showing "Deploying app XXX ....." several hundred times probably and then closes. But then, when I start the system, server0 stays on "starting" state for too long (around 10min) , then shows running but is actually either not running

or not started completely because every interaction with it end with: "Dispatcher running, but no server connected!", "JNDI lookup failed, ...." and so on.

Just to mention, that after reinstall, the same SDA installs perfectly and everything works for one more week.

What could be the problem, how could inspect what is actually wrong, how could I run it again ?

Sincerely,

Maxim Naidenov

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

I know this is too late to help you, but maybe someone else will be helped by this reply. The problem can be fixed by following SAP note 824357.

Dispite what the description of the problem says, this will work even in many cases where the error described is not shown in the log. (As was apparently your case.)

Thanks,

--Greg