cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see ID of a forecast, SNP order, TLB oder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

After running a Forecast, how can I find the ID (or Code) of that Forecast. In which Database table forecast results are saved? What Tcode we can use to see Forecast ID?

I need to use forecast ID for further processing like approvalu2026

I think that each time we run forecast, forecast results will be saved as a record into database. Then system can use these data to compare error of Forecasts with different Models.

If it is not the case, how system save forecast results?

Similary, where can wee see ID of a SNP order, TLB Order?

Thanks very much for your help!

Duyennx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Transactional data are saved in liveCache.

I suppose you want to know the GUID of the orders.

You can go to transaction /sapapo/rrp3, input location/product and press enter to enter order list.

Here in the command field, you input OK code 'gt_io' and press enter.

You'll get the GUIDs and other informations of the orders from liveCache.

Best Regards,

Ada

-

Please grand points to replies that helps, thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ada Lv,

Thanks very much for your helpful answer.

Following your answer, I can see GUID for SNP Order, TLB Order. If I release a forecast from DP to SNP, It will become an SNP order with type FA (FC req.), so that I can see its GUID.

But If I only run a Forecast in Demand Planning (DP), have not release that Forecast to SNP, then my Question is: how to see the GUID of that Forecast in DP?

Because in my situation, I need to approve the Forecast results in DP before releasing them to SNP.

Once more time, Thanks very much for your helpful answer!

Duyennx

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duyennx,

Why don't you add another Key Figure in DP which would correspond to "approved forecast"?

Your approvers (could be demand planners or could be SNP planners) could go to the planning view and give the approved forecast value against the Stat forecast (or whatever name you use for the forecast which you want to be approved).

Then have a simple macro in your planning view. Wherever approved forecast is greater than zero, your consensus forecast (or whatever name you use for the forecast which you release from DP to SNP) should consider the approved forecast and not the Stat forecast. This way you could take care of approvals before releasing forecast from DP to SNP.

I gave a suggestion based on my understanding of your situation. If you can share more details of your requirement, then we could possibly suggest some alternative solutions to meet the same.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The forecast orders in DP are time series data, which do not have order GUIDs.

I don't quite understand your requirement now ... You can view and make changes to DP forecast data directly in planning book, why do you need the GUIDs?

It would be appreciated that you describe your scenario in details.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ada, Pawan and SAP Gurus,

This is my situation:

- We have many branches and one Head Office.

- Each branch has organizational structure like: Branch Employee, Branch Department Manager, Branch Director.

- At the end of each Quarter, Branch Employee will run forecast for products, then send forecast result to Branch Department Manager to check and Approve. If Branch Department approves, Forecast result will be sent to Branche Director to Approve. Next, If Branch Diretor approves, Forecast result will be coppied from DP to SNP (not release to become order because we need further calculation). Then Head Office will check and approve these result and does some further calculation on these results in SNP.

The requirements are:

- Each Forecast result must be assigned with Status like : Sent for Approval, Approved by Branch Department Manager, Rejected by Branch Department Manager, Approved by Branch Diretor, Rejected by Branch Director.

- Only approved forecast results can be sent to higher level managers to check and approve. Manager want to view Forecast that needed to be considered and approved.

- Only Employees work with data. Managers do not work with data, they want to press button: Approve, Rejectu2026 only.

My idea is that each time Employee run and save forecast, forecast must be assigned a code (GUID). Then we need to add a field to contain status of forecast.

My Questions are:

1. We can run forecast with different models, if Forecast has no GUID, how system can compare errors of each forecast with other one?

I know that table /SAPAPO/FCSTACCU gives the MAPE and other forecast errors. So which table contain Forecast result?

2. If standard system does not have GUID, what is the solution for my situation?

Thanks very much for your help!

Duyennx

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duyennx,

Your requirement is linked to workflow, which is more an execution topic.

APO takes care of planning, not these execution topics.

I don't think that without putting in a lot of custom code, your requirement can be fully taken care of.

One alternative could be to create a custom transaction where people could give their comments after you show forecast data in the transaction from DP livecache, but this would also be a huge development. Then you will also need to integrate this info back to DP. I had seen something like this for PRs confirmation (SNP).

One simple possibility is - You could possibly insert a new Key Figure (KF) corresponding to approval/rejection, e.g. KF called Branch_Dept_Approve, Branch_Director_Approve and so on. But SOMEONE HAS TO MANUALLY TYPE these values in the planning view.

Then you could create a simple macro that could consider the approval KF, and accordingly modify the resulting (next level) forecast figure.

In a typical scenario, the different managers are supposed to sit together and then arrive at a consensus forecast. In between, Sales Managers, Key Account Managers, etc could give their inputs using some adjustments key figures, but I guess in your case, you are only interested in approval/rejection at different levels.

I understand SAP BPM provides functionality for workflows, and you could integrate it with other SAP systems (e.g. R/3) for workflow topics, but I am not aware if someone has used BPM for this kind of APO requirement or not.

Best of luck. Hope someone else has better suggestions for you.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First to your questions:

1)As said before, forecast is time series data saved in liveCache. It is not saved in any database table.

Though time series also have GUIDs, but I don't think it would help here. As you may know, if you go so far from SAP standard by many customizing codings, you'll get less support from SAP.

2)The comparision function in statistics forecast is only comparing forecast errors, not real forecast. Only the last forecast result is saved in liveCache. If you use auto model selection, the comparision of forecast errors is done in program.

Then regarding your scenario, as Pawan said, APO is not a workflow system.

If you put the approval function here, you'll be sure to develop customizing coding.

I have seen some customers use customizing key figure "Approved forecast". Maybe you can add several approved forecast key figure in your planning book. For the first approver, you give him "original forecast" and "approved forecast level1". You can make the two key figures the same at first, then let the approver 1 make changes to or delete "approved forecast level1" when he does not approve it. Then you make "approved forecast level2" = "approved forecast level1", and present these two key figures to approver 2, for him to change "approved forecast level2", and so on. At last you use your last level of "approved forecast" to copy to SNP.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan and Ada very much again for your helpful answers.

Please other Experts tell me more suggest.

Thanks,

Duyennx