cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta load from planning area to third party system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Generally we sent full data load from DP planning area to back up cube in BW system..But suppose we are to send delta load from DP planning area to third party BW system, then what changes we need to do on the DP planning area side so that we send all the changed data from livecache. Can this be done in a standard way?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tarun

I've not done this myself but I remember reading an article on this in SCM Expert here -

http://www.scmexpertonline.com/article.cfm?id=1689

It uses an operational data store object in the data staging area before loading the data to an InfoCube. You need an SCM Expert login to get access to the full article, but you can see the abstract to see if its what you are looking for.

Rishi Menon

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

This sounds interesting.

I would also have loved to find out how it would work, but there is a subscription for SCM Expert and which is anyway quite high

Thanks - Pawan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

It's not possible to extract delta loads from the APO planning areas. The delta loads are only possible with standard BW objects, and planning area is not a BW object.

SAP doesn't provide the functionality to have delta loads when you use export data source based on the planning area.

PS: From backup point of view, anyway having delta load would not make much sense. We take the backup as a snapshot of a particular time, and if restoration is required, based on the request numer or the date of extraction, we restore the relevant data from cube to the planning area.

Thanks - Pawan