SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI 606 No Commitment Item Selected during MB01

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a problem during GR/IR process in MB01. When logistic section want to post the GR process based on the PO reference, there is an error: No commitment items selected, message FI606.

I already created the commitment item with financial transaction 40, but it didn't affect anything during the GR. The error still the same.

When I try to post the GR, I already activated the trace. There is a GL account for RAVE account derived to another commitment item which does not suitable with the derivation I already inputted in FMDERIVER.

Why does it happen?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if you're using ML then check note 148967

'There is a GL account for RAVE account derived to another commitment item which does not suitable with the derivation I already inputted in FMDERIVER' - can you elaborate?

Also CI with FT 40 needs for GR/IR account(maintain this CI directly in GR/IR account master data), and CI with FT 30 for material account

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if you're using ML then check note 148967

'There is a GL account for RAVE account derived to another commitment item which does not suitable with the derivation I already inputted in FMDERIVER' - can you elaborate?

Also CI with FT 40 needs for GR/IR account(maintain this CI directly in GR/IR account master data), and CI with FT 30 for material account

0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for your reply.

I already set the fin. transaction for GR/IR account 40 and it didn't affect anything.

And I already check the note 148967 and I'm confused how to implement the note.

So the posted journal when GR saved:

Dr. Inventory (GL: 141097200) --> budget, fin.transaction/CI category: 30/3

Dr. RAVE Purchase (GL: 600504000) --> non budget, fin. transaction/CI category: 40/3

Cr. AP GR/IR (GL: 300503000) --> non budget, fin. transaction/CI category: 40/3

I activated the trace before post the GR. In the trace result, the commitment item derived only the inventory commitment item.

Though, the GL appeared in the trace is GL RAVE Purchase (600504000), the commitment item derived is Inventory Commitment item (141097200).

And I check the derivation GL to Commitment Item, the GL RAVE purchase is derived to RAVE Purchase commitment item.

I dont know how it can be happen.

Any solutions? Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi.

In derivation assign technical CI to GL RAVE (not 40)

0 Kudos

Hi.

So I create new derivation strategy CI to GL, and input the CI (non 40) to GL RAVE?

What do you mean with technical CI?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

"So I create new derivation strategy CI to GL, and input the CI (non 40) to GL RAVE?"-yes

technical ,means non relevant for budget.

0 Kudos

Hi.

The result is still the same.

GL RAVE is still derived to CI inventory.

I deleted the assignment GL RAVE to CI RAVE (40/3) in the derivation strategy GL to CI.

And input CI to GL --> CI (non 40) to GL RAVE.

0 Kudos

Hi, so CI 40 still derived to RAVE account?

Trace your derivation, and check why it's not working?

By the way, are you using ML?

0 Kudos

Hi.

so CI 40 still derived to RAVE account? --> the GL RAVE still derived to CI Inventory (30)

Trace your derivation, and check why it's not working? --> I read the log, system read the GL RAVE but the CI is CI inventory.

I read result of the steps in the log, the derivation not performed well.

By the way, are you using ML? --> Yes

0 Kudos

Hi.

"Trace your derivation, and check why it's not working? --> I read the log, system read the GL RAVE but the CI is CI inventory.

I read result of the steps in the log, the derivation not performed well. " - why? May be you didn't put option Overwrite with new value?

0 Kudos

Hi.

May be you didn't put option Overwrite with new value? --> I already put that option in the derivation strategy CI to GL.

There is difference with the first.

Before, the log just read the GL inventory and CI inventory. Now, the log read the GL RAVE, but the CI still the CI inventory.

0 Kudos

Hi.

'Now, the log read the GL RAVE, but the CI still the CI inventory'-and what can you see in derivation trace? Is this step substitute CI to correct?Or not? If it's substitutes then you need to check all other rules, may be some rules substitutes correct CI and review your derivation stategy.

Also may be CI substitutes with exit, badi or FI Substitution

0 Kudos

Hi.

There's a progress from the latest derivation strategy.

The trace already read the GL RAVE derived to CI RAVE, not CI Inventory anymore.

But, the error still exists.

If I try in the sandbox client, there is no error. GR post very well.

But in this client, the error comes up. And I dont know how to handle it.

Does it happens because of MM setting?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi, I think it because of ML, seems ML document generates.So I advise to assign CI to ML accounts via FS00, as far as I remember ML documents doesn't pick up by FMDERIVE

0 Kudos

Hi.

Yes, ML is activated.

I already assign the CI into ML accounts through FS00, but the result is still the same.

Is there any exit to handle this?

I read in another forum to create commitment item with financial transaction 40. I already create it and assign to GL GR/IR, as you know fin. transaction 40 to post GR/IR. Still it doesnt affect anything.

Thanks.

Edited by: rosi88 on Feb 9, 2012 9:44 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to se91, put FI 606, click where used button.

Then put break point for every program and simulate MB01 posting.

THen you'll find out where error appear, and check for which account and which CI item for this GL updated.

Put here this info

0 Kudos

Hi.

Error appear in: * MESSAGE E606 RAISING FIPOS_NOT_FOUND.*

When I try to check the source code, this is the result:

SELECT SINGLE * FROM FMCI INTO L_F_FMCI

WHERE FIKRS = L_FIKRS --> found 5020

AND GJAHR = L_GJAHR_POS --> found 2012

AND STVAR = 'X'

AND ( FIVOR = '40' OR FIVOR = '50' ) --> didnt find anything

0 Kudos

Hi, try to find CI with these data(GJAHR=2012,STVAR = 'X',FIVOR = '40', and your FM area) in FMCI

0 Kudos

Hi.

No results found.

There is no commitment item in fiscal year 2012.

Because fiscal year used is V3 (april to march).

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi.

Check records in FM01H, which records do you have for your FM area. Also do you using year dependet master data, and hierarcy?

0 Kudos

Hi.

I already check FM01H. if I input 2012 for GJAHR, there is no value.

Yes, I using year dependent master data, both funds ctr and commitment itm.

For commitment item, I used standard variant. But for funds center, i use alternative hierarchy variant, not from standard.

0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey.

Thanks for your help.

My problem is solved.

Because of you, I can analyze what master data read in the transaction which data in 2012.

So I maintain the hierarchy variant funds center for 2012 and do copy the commitment items in the following year.

The GR process can be posted well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps it's because you're using master data that based on year (year dependent), so your master data for this current year (2012) need to be maintained though your current fiscal year is still 2011.

0 Kudos

Hi.

Yes,that's right.