cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone registered a BB simulator on SUP CCS successfully?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sybase UP 2.1, JDK 1.6.XX, BB Java Plug In, Windows 7 x64 Prof All on the same server

I just closed another thread that I had opened for a different question (because of the deafening silence). I had eventually moved on from the issue I was facing.

I am hoping someone would help me with this problem.

BB simulator 9550 running MDS.

Sybase Settings in simulator are as follows:

Host: < my machine name > (tried everything - 127.0.0.1 , localhost, made entry in host file and gave the alias here)

Port: 5001

Farm ID : 0

Activation code: 123 (gave this in SUP SCC while registering)

Settings in SCC (Application Connection)

ServerName: Machine Name (again, tried localhost, 127.0.01, alias from Host file)

Server Port: 5001

Activation Code: 123

Application ID: Tried HWC, my app code BOTH

Whatever I do, my BB simulator / MDS will not connect to SUP and update the Pending Activation status.

The error that appears in the simulator "Show Log" window is Bad User name or code , Waiting for Connection , Disconnecting from server.

I'm stuck in this state for 3 days now - any help in certainly appreciated.

Thanks,

BR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Please check in SCC if your SUP server is running with messaging port as 5001.

You can check under Server>>Server Configuration>>Messaging Tab

2. Please check the activation code is not expired for your user. (By default act. code has validity of 72 hrs).. Better if you could create a new user and try again.

3. If you are using ODP functionality,

--check your application and make sure you have choosen the correct security configuration Name while creating application connection.

--Your application should be initialized with correct APP_ID(same as the one created in SCC)

--You pass security config name while registering.( Host, Port, Form ID, User Name, Act Code, SecurityConfig Name)

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. Yes, it is

2. The user is active - have created so many so far

3. Not using ODP - however, should I be?

I am basing this on Sybase's tutorial about writing a simple program to pull data from the SUP sample DB. But it never connects to the SUP server instance to pull this and always comes up with an Empty list.

If it would help, I am never able to ping anything from the simulator. Is this usually the case and expected?

Hi Marshal,

I am not sure what to tell you - the tutorials show you how to prepare and run the code but has nothing solid to tell you about the BB simulator - SUP CCS set up and registering of device (at least not in detail about troubleshooting - it more or less assumes you'll never hit a wall )

BR

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BR,

I've been able to connect my BB app to SUP!

I don't know why but the SUP101 tutorial code dosn't work for me.

But my custom app following the guide was always alright, but the app wasn't working because the Blackberry JRE version. I've connected the Eclipse Java Plugin to the RIM update site and downloaded the JRE 6.0 version for the java plugin (the default version is 7.0), and then everything has worked running the Blacberry 9800 simulator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So does your application go to the Online status from Pending Activation?

Can you let me know what your SCC and BB Sybase Settings are?

I can probably help you with the application side, if you can tell me the steps that you have performed so far.

Thanks,

BR

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if this is true for previous SUP versions, but for RBS applications in SUP 2.1 (and 2.1.1) it's not necessary to do anything in the SCC. What I mean is that I didn't have the pending activation status because I haven't created the application connection on the SCC.

The steps that I've done are the following:

1. Create the MBOs from data source

2. Deploy the project to the server

3. Generate the BB source code

4. Go to the BB java plugin and create a new project, import the src folder with the source code generated from SUP

5. Create the main method in the BB java plugin to connect to SUP, get the data and make the front end design.

As you can see, there isn't any step to do in the SCC. I think you can register the app if you want SUP to notify the BB device if there is any changes to the MBO data, but it isn't mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marshal. But I am using MDS.

Anyhow, I find it interesting when you said you had issues pulling results from the database (always showed EMTPY list).

What did you exactly do to fix that?

Thanks,

BR

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BR,

When you say MDS, you mean MBS (message base synchronization)?? Becasue if I'm not wrong, BB doesn't support MBS.

So you have to use RBS (Replication Based).

My app wasn't pulling the results because of the java version. The app wasn't crashing but the Unwired server wasn't receiving any petition. After building and running the same project with the Blackberry JDE 6.0 everything worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

Sorry for the confusion - I am using RBS (just as the tutorial says). And I also think I am getting stuck int he exact place and way that you had.

I currently have developed this code on BB Java Plugin 7.0 with JRE 6.0

I guess I should download the earlier version of BB JDE that uses JRE 6.0? Is that right?

Thanks,

BR

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, BB Java plugin with JRE 6.0 is OK. At least for me (I'm working with SUP 2.1.1, but I think they haven't changed anything related to BB between 2.1 and 2.1.1).

Just generate your code in SUP, create a new project in BB Java plugin, import the code.

Then in the main method of your app copy this code before launching any screen

SUP101DB.getSynchronizationProfile().setServerName( "YOUR_SERVER_IP" );
    	SUP101DB.getSynchronizationProfile().setPortNumber(2480);;
    	SUP101DB.loginToSync("supAdmin", "s3pAdmin");
    	SUP101DB.subscribe();
    	ObjectList sgs = new ObjectList();
    	sgs.add(SUP101DB.getSynchronizationGroup("default"));
    	SUP101DB.beginSynchronize(sgs, "mycontext");
    	ObjectList Customer = Customer.findAll();

And run the app in the simulator.

Very important, you should ensure that you can access to your SUP server from the simulator. To do that I just opened my simulator browser and tried to open the SCC url: https://SUP_IP:8283/scc If the browser popups a message about the certificate security, you have access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

I tried your code - It now gives JVM Error : 104 Synchronized Exception at line SUP1DB.beginSynchronize(sgs, "mycontext");

Not sure what to make out of it.

On thing I have not been able to figure out. (I am pretty good in generic Java, provided I can see some Exception messages) - where would the logs / exceptions be for these? I am aiming in the dark without being able to look at a trace / log file.

So used to having this in whatever I have developed. Would you happen to know where the Tutorial Java programs dump their error logs?

Thanks,

BR

Edited by: BR on Feb 9, 2012 4:25 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BR, I think I'm having the same kind of problems than you... Have you resolved some of your issues?

I've followed the SUP101 tutorial to generate the BB app native code and tried to run it from Blackberry Java Plugin, and from Blackberry JDE (I tried both...) but the list is empty.

Then I tried to create the BB app following the developers guide instead of the tutorial ([http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01215.0210/doc/pdf/sup_devguide_blackberry_native_applications.pdf]).

The guide it's a bit different, it explains you the procedure but it doesn't gives you all the app code. But when the device tries to synchronize with SUP, the app waits some seconds and finally raises an error... I don't know what els can I try to run this!

karim_mohamed2
Participant
0 Kudos

run the MDS-CS while saving the settings for the connection in the simulator