cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's required to explore MAM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a PDA with me. I would like to check the features of MAM. Can anybody tell me how I can access a MAM demo? What things are required and how I can install them? Being technically challenged person I cannot put the question in a technical language. However, What I am looking for as an answer are details like:

1. Access to a demo client like IDES (ECC 5.0)

2. Netweaver Application server

3. PDA with a pocket PC browser

and so on.

If you need more clarification about what I need pls ask. I will be happy to provide. In short, I am trying to practice MAM on my PDA. And I would like to know what things I have to keep ready before being able to install and run it on my PDA.

thanx

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I can say that 3 things are needed to run MAM on a PDA.

First one is backend system and the second one is middleware system or WEBAS and the third one is PDA to run client.

First you need to have a user on the backend system and also a proper customization done w.r.t MAM for your user on the backend system.

Second part is to prepare middleware. By preparing middleware i mean you need to import syncBO definition file to create all necessary syncBO's and once the syncBO's are imported you have to generate them and then replicate all the timed 2-way syncBO's and then enable them. Now that the data is already present in the middleware you have to bring the same to the client. Note you should have user on both middleware and backend systems and it must be the same.

Last and the final thing is to install CREME on the PDA which is nothing but JVM but specially built for PDA'S and then install the mobile client and configure the same to the middlware system. On the middleware system deploy the MAM application and assign it to the device for that particular user and with the first sync from the client, he will get the application and then within two syncs he will get the complete data related to the user to the client.

When you download the MAM application's war file from the SMP you will also get the syncBO definition file which you can import the middleware.

Hope this answers your questions and if you want to know anything in particular do reply.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (0)