cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable forward scheduling for a specific material

0 Kudos

Hi experts.

We have a requirement to disable forward scheduling for a specific material during ATP check in sales order and delivery processing. I played with some configurations in "Basic functions > Availability check and transfer of requirements" and "Basic functions > Delivery scheduling and transportation scheduling", but none could help.

Notice: we use APO.

Example:

Material X - has 108 pieces in stock and a production order of 1000 pieces scheduled on Feb 11.

If I place a sales order of 109 pieces with requested delivery date of Feb 8, I need the system to not confirm this quantity, instead of confirming the quantity on Feb 13, as of standard behavior.

Regards,

Fábio Scaravelli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forward scheduling and backward scheduling are controlled by material master -> MRP3 view consumption mode, BWD consumption period and Fwd consumption period values. If you don't want to have forward consumption, then add value 1 in the consumption mode field. However, when looking at your example, I assume, you don't need backward and needs forward consumption. You can play around with the fields mentioned in the MRP 3 view and do testing to understand the behavior.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva.

I forgot to mention in my question that I've already tried this field and no matter which option I set the results in ATP are always the same.

Regards.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether OSS Note 835217 - Material is available earlier than required and Note 837742 - Influence of APO scheduling on the availability check is of any help to your scenario. You can also go through the other OSS notes gives in these notes.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks to all those who replied to this question. We couldn't find a standard solution, so we're going to try an enhancement after return from APO to change ATP results.

Regards,

Fabio

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I do not know much about APO. However, I had a quick look and saw the the function responsible for scheduling in APO is /SAPAPO/APO_SCHEDULING. Within this FM, there are two user exits called:

EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLVCRM_001

EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLVCRM_002

I am unsure if these can be utilised to achieve the desired behaviour. However, they may be worth investigating.