cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy mobile application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks...

A few quick basic question... How do you start on deployment of mobile platform for SAP...

What are the hardware and software requirements... what is the process...

Can someone help...???

Regards,

Harshal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mobility architecture what you want to implement?

- SAP Mobile Infrastructure.

- Sybase

- Sap NetWeaver Mobile

- ByDesign

Claudio Leó

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

To be very honest, I am not sure... I downloaded a few apps from for iPhone/iPad but then I am not sure how they connect. What is required to be installed/configured on the servier side so that iPad can connect to the server...

Also, if someone wants to make a mobile app... what is required from SAP side...

Any ideas on that?

- Harshal

rohith_deraje
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Can you share application name which you downloaded? If it is one of the online app available at app store, then you needs SAP Gateway, SUP2.1, and relay server to use it productively. However some of these online apps have demo data with it to feel around.

A similar query on one of the online app is addressed in thread http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2132117&messageID=11059675#11059675 .

Hope this answers your first query.

On your second query:If you are looking for details to develop an online mobile app ,please refer to my response in thread http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2133531&tstart=0.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

The two threads you mentioned are great place to start with... Thanks for sharing your knowledge...

I know that SAP has about 30 apps that are on iTunes right now...

The applications I tested (Demo) were: more geared towards HCM space.

I ran demo on the following apps:

SAP Travel Expense Approval

SAP TimeSheet

SAP Leave Request

SAP BusinessObjects Explorer

SAP BusinessObjects Mobile

SAP Employee Lookup

Again my question here is how are these apps deployed in a production environment... I can get the users to download the apps on their iPhone/iPad but how do we setup the infrastructure on the server side so that the modile devices can access SAP data...?

How is the whole solution deployed...?

Does SAP provide a trial version for developing mobility solutions?

- Harshal

rohith_deraje
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

If you are trying consume SAP backend data on mobile device, below are the setups needed.

1. SUP2.1 server installed.

2. Relay server

3. SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0

Connectivity would be like Gateway<> SUP<>Relay Server<-->Device

Once you have the above setup ready, you need to do the below configurations.

1. Configure releay server in SCC.

2. Create security configuration in SCC.

3. Create application connection in SCC providing Gateway Service Doc/Proxy URL.

4. Register the application and start using it with SAP backend.

Once you download and install the app, you need to register them with SUP. Applications will have a registration page asking you the details like SUP server Host/Port,Company ID, User,Security Configuration, Gateway User/Password etc..

Apllications will be identified at SCC using the APPID. Every app is having a unique predefined APPID. You need to create a new application connection in your SCC with this APPID.

User authorization will be based on the registration type choosen.

1. If Manual registration is choosen, then you need to create a User in SCC with some activation code. During registration, the user and activation code sent from application is compared against this.

2. If you choose SSO, the user is vaildated by a ticket issuing system.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been very helpful... Thanks a lot Rohith...

Answers (0)