cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilingual support for repositry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on MDM 7.1 SP04. I need to turn on multilingual support option for the repository. Can you help me understand how this would affect the repository performance?

Thanks,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Your post is informative. Thanks for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Kindly close/update the thread.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

to set the multilingual option you need to add the respective language in the repository,

But do keep in mind that once a language is deleted, the fields name and all other details deleted permanently from the database and the only option is manually add the names of all the fields.

as for performance goes, not much degradation except for each language added for a repository a new layer is created in the database memory.

for example if you have added 3languages other than english, the database will have 4layers.

for details you may refer MDM console guide for exact details on the color coding and functionality how data is fetched.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Memory usage in server increases as setting a field as multilingual multiplies data storage, sort index storage for

multilingual fields by the number of languages.It increases server CPU consumption as it increases text fields update due to language inheritance.

Indexes need to be updated for all languages,even if only a single language layer is changed.

MDM performance is affected by the number of languages-specific fields (multiplication

of Languages number and fields count). Therefore it is advised to minimize the number

of Multi-Lingual fields as much as possible.

Hence take a judicious decision which fields to be marked as multilingual and how many language layers to be chosen.

Thanks,

Ravi