SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit center Derivation

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

We are on ECC 6.0 with FICA 604. We are also using COPA, Funds management with New G/L functionality.

Now my issue is that there is one G/L which is while posting entry in FPE1 shows blank profit center but as I press enter, it derives profit center '9999" (dummy profit center).

This G/L is related to Bad -debts posting and there is neither entry of cost element in KA03 (i.e. we have not define cost center and order) nor we have maintained entry at FAGL3KEH. Also we have not maintain any substitution rule to set the same. Although there is entry of that G/L in OKB9 but tick is maintained for automatic assignment for Profitability Analysis. When I treid to maintain profit center against this entry system doesn't allow.

Now my query is

1. How system determines such profit center?

Regards,

Paresh

So my question

3 REPLIES 3

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are posting the document at contract level, then check your configuration for "CO Account Assignments" at Contract level.

It is possible you have a CO Account Assignment assigned at your contract level.

If so, this would explain the appearance of the Profit Center in FPE1.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor M.

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am passing G/l to G/l entry so profit center derivation based on COKEY won't work.

Regards,

Paresh

christiane_grammlich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Paresh,

the profit center determination during tr. FPE1 occurs via the used transaction/subtransaction. To this tr. is the CO assignm., defined in posting area R001, via entry in the field "CO acct assignment" and "CO acc. ass".

Best regards.

Christiane