cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routine Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have created routine ( Tcode VOFM ) in golden client. Transport request is workbench request. Routine is cross client so it automatically all setting done in development client.

But when abaper in development client goes in the routine to write a program. It throws error That Transport request belongs to different client.

Before i created routine but i didnt get such type of error. Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards

SAP USER

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VOFM requirement routines are not automatically usable in target clients.

Eg: If you create a pricing requirement routine in development client and transport it to Quality / Production clients, you cannot directly use it without generating the routine again in the respective client. (i.e. In Quality / Production clients again)

We have to Activate and Generate the Routine in each and every client after transporting.

Check below link on how exactly you can do this!

[VOFM|http://www.learnsaptips.com/2010/07/how-to-transport-requirement-routines.html]

Best regards,

Rahal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm guessing in your landscape one client is used for development (ABAP) and another client for configuration.

The problem with VOFM routines is that they're a repository object and a cross-client customizing object at the same time. So they can only be created in a client that allows both. Check which one of your DEV clients allows this and do all the work in that client (unfortunately, this cannot be split between two different clients).

We always end up temporarily changing settings in the config client to allow repository changes for any VOFM work, then we change it back. On my previous projects we had either one client (my favorite setup) or one client allowed both repository and cross-client changes.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Run RV80HGEN. See

SAP Note 326560 - Various problems when using VOFM functions

SAP Note 327220 - VOFM function and its objects

Regards

Eduardo