SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment item not changing when editing Purchase Requistion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i tried to change the GL account field in the account assignment tab with a new GL account in Purchase Requistion the commitment item is not changing.The PR is updated with new GL account but commitment item is showing the old one associated with old GL.In our case GL account is a mandatory field and Commitemnt item is based on Derivation Rule .Please suggest a solution for this

Regards

Vipin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, check if for rule for CI update from account Overwite wuth new value option is set

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, check if for rule for CI update from account Overwite wuth new value option is set

0 Kudos

HI Alex

Can you please be in detail of the solution which you specified.Iam unable to figure out what you meant

Regards

Vipin

0 Kudos

Hi, find the rule in fmderive which substituite CI based on accounts.

Here in target field there are some option, you need to choose overwite with new value

0 Kudos

Hi

I guess you didnt understand my problem.

I have created a PR with a GL 400000 and saved it.As per derivation rule a CI 400000 got updated in that PR.

After saving i tried to edit the same PR with a new GL 400400 and saved it.But my CI shows still the old 40000

AS per my rule GL 400000=CI 400000

GL 400400=CI 400400

All the Gls are assigned with specific CIs In the Derivation rule

I need to know why this CI 400400 is not getting updated in the edited PR. PLease help

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

I advise to read some docs about derivation.

For target fields in derivation there are some options.

You can set Not overwrite, in this case if target field is maintained then there willn't any updates.

If you set Overwite, then if there is CI and you put new account, then CI overwites with new value

0 Kudos

Thanks Aleksey

I have checked my rule and initiated new value update.Its working..Thanks you so much for your support

Regards

Vipin