cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Empty Bin Putaway Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In "Next Empty Bin" Putaway strategy , when a stock is removed from the 1st Shelf of mine (Shelf - Stack - Level: 01-01-01) and the current putaway is happening in the 7th Shelf (07-05-02) , the next putaway will happen to the 01-01-01 as it got emptied now?

Wont it be time consuming if the operator has to move from shelf 7 to shelf 1 just to fill in the one bin which is emptied now.

Also if my bin is half filled, will it be considered to be filled in the next putaway or the system will take a fresh completely empty bin only in Next Empty Bin strategy.

Thanks and regards,

Milton Isaac

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The system will go through its strategy every time you create a put away TO so that if your 01-01-01 is the first in the sequence then as soon as it is emptied it will put the next receipt there, This is what next empty bin does.

Whilst it searches the area in your strategy it will always start at 01-01-01 and then 01-01-02 etc

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can partially answer your question.

Next Empty bin strategy works with random storage. Only 1 quant can be putaway in a single bin (if mixed storage is not allowed). If you have multiple quants, it determines a different empty bin for each quant.

Regards,

ss