Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Message Service Name change

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello guys,

i need you help with something.

I would like to change the sap Message Service Name from sapms<SID> to sapms<SID>_new.

Is this possible?

i am thinking to do this in RZ11 and change rdisp/msserv value... am i on the right path?

Are there some limitations in message server service name?

Thank you for answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may be possible but it is, in my opinion, a very bad idea that will bring you much more trouble than advantage in the future...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason why i want to change the ms name is not to produce some issues for example:

i have two systems with the same SID installed on different servers.

In the moment when i want to add them both to the saplogon.ini file i will have to set the MSSrvPort part basically the same

, with the same ms name as the have the same SID.

So the solution i was thinking is to change one ms name, update /etc/services and saplogon.ini file with the new entry....and then do the same on the rest of systems so it will be consystent...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the 2 systems with the same SID are on different servers. There is absolutely no problem. Just give them a different description and don't mess out your message servers names....

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for help. It makes sense since the instances are on different servers. OK so i will just let them be (message server names).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Does those same SID SAP systems , carries same instance number?

As per SAP Note # 99435 , you should not edit SAPLOGON.ini file manually , instead carry out all changes via SAPLOGon PAD.

Pls add both systems with different IP specifications and respective instance number details.

Check if you are able to connect to correct instance

Regards