cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronous mobile to R/3 Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

we have a requirement to update records to R/3 system from an android platform mobile device PI as middle ware and need to get back response whether the records are updated successfully or not from R/3 to mobile. Synchronous Mobile to R/3 Interface.

so can you pls give some inputs how can I achieve this requirement. Thanks in Adv..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>so can you pls give some inputs how can I achieve this requirement. Thanks in Adv..

you can easily do it with the use of SAP PI:

1) you can create a web service on PI which can be called from any mobile platform (synchronous web service)

2) inside PI you need to use an object called ICO (integrated configuration) so the performance will be good

3) inside R3 you can use RFC adapter or ABAP proxy to update the records (PI will call it)

4) inside R3 you can do any kind of update you want - using a BAPI for example - and you will get the result back to the web service

the quesiton is very general hence a general answer

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for very quick response Michal..and big thanks for releasing SAP and PI related books which helps a lot for learners. I am one of them.

I am using PI7.0 so I cant use ICO (integrated configuration). I ll elaborate my requirement..

Its an HR related Interface. User need to update his time sheet from his mobile (which runs on android) via PI to SAP system.

first user need to login with his user ID and password from his mobile. that request need to check in SAP system and if the user credentials are correct then he will fill the time sheet from mobile and releases. that time sheet records needs to update in SAP system and response need to get back to mobile from SAP system as successfully updated.

here I need to create 2 interfaces? 1 for validating the credentials and 2nd is for updating the data? could you please give inputs how to achieve this requirement.. Thanks..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>here I need to create 2 interfaces? 1 for validating the credentials and 2nd is for updating the data? could you please give inputs how to achieve this requirement.. Thanks..

so in your case I'd not use PI for this task - better to connect directly to SAP backend

a) write an RFC which will do the things you need - you need only one - as you can ust authentication to the WS which will check if the user/pass is ok) so you only need one for updating the data

b) you can expose this RFC as a WS from ERP (from SE37) and use this WS inside your mobile app

>>>I am using PI7.0 so I cant use ICO (integrated configuration). I ll elaborate my requirement..

so don't use PI for this task - do as I mentioned above

>>>and big thanks for releasing SAP and PI related books which helps a lot for learners. I am one of them.

thanks

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Michal.

I need to create 1st interface(for user credentials) via XI because mobile application request should not hit R/3 system directly. This is clients request so..

so the 1st scenario is synchronous Mobileapplication(webservice-SOAP adapter)<->PI<--

>AD(webservice-SOAP adapter)

after getting the user credential response from XI to Mobile application a session need to be maintained for that wsdl.

so how can I get or generate session ID from PI and where should it maintain? can you pls suggest the steps for this

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Munnabhai

I dont think we need to maintain any session in PI for this flow.

Session should be maintained by the Mobile application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but mobile application team was asking to give session control in PI generated wsdl.

Is there any way to add session id or session ID from PI side?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use "principal propagation" - this way the user in R3 will be checked while logging to PI and not R3

and you can do both things in one call again

can you utilize that solution ?

it works with SOAP and ABAP Proxy adapter for example

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal I am very new to Principal propagation. I gone throught related blogs and documents.

I am having doubt regarding this.

1. do this methodology supports sor soap sender and soap receiver channels? if yes steps needed to do so.

2.can we maintain session ID and session expiry time with this methodology? If yes steps needed to do so.

my 1st scenario is just for checking the user credentials and if the user credentials are correct, a session need to be maintained for 5 mins. If the session time is completed(5 mins completed) again user needs to login because of seesion expired and new request message to be triggered from webservice.

this scenario looks like this

1.Mobile applicarion(soap sender)<---->PI<--

>(soap receiver)AD-ActiveDirectory.

all user credentials are maintained in AD.

session need to be maintained in the wsd which PI gives to mobile application.

if 1st scenario is sucesses then 2nd scenario need to executed. it seems some thing like

2. mobile application (soap sender)<--

>PI<--
>(synchABAP proxy) R/3 system.

thanks in adv... and its a great help i receive solution.

Answers (0)