cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario Best Approach in 7.1 - Plz Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client wants us to Integrate their (3rd Party -Medical system) looks like on http://.. ..... with SAP system through PI 7.1.

I have below queries :-

1. I have suggested SOAP to RFC scenario --- Is it right ?

2. If yes, How we will make a connection or consume 3rd party web services in PI 7.1 landscape.

Please provide the suitable approach ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, if it is not your requirement to create a synchronous interface, I would recommend using the asynchronous approach with SOAP to IDoc scenario instead of SOAP to RFC. Thanks to this, you will have reasonable monitoring capabilities in your backend system, among others.

Moreover, when using SOAP to scenarios, your PI system becomes the Web Service server, not the client (you do not consume the web service, but it is the sender system who does it). So in this case, it is up to you to create a Data Type, Message Type and Service Interface for this scenario (as well as define further processing with mapping and so on). Once you create the Integration Directory configuration, go to the Sender Agreement and generate the .wsdl file out of it, and deliver it to the party responsible for consuming the web service. Based on the file, they will be able to invoke your web service.

Remember that you will also have to provide them a user name and password to authenticate their connections.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you. Got the approach..:)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in this case u will invoke the web service...so u have to create a structure (dt, mt and all, normal config) and based upon this structure u will create a WSDL. Provide this wsdl along wth the PI URL to ur third party system. They will consume this wsdl in there apllication and send the data to PI system using the PI URL(provided by u)..

seach on SDN u will find tons of blog related to soap same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> My client wants us to Integrate their (3rd Party -Medical system) looks like on http://.. ..... with SAP system through PI 7.1.

> I have below queries :-

> 1. I have suggested SOAP to RFC scenario --- Is it right ?

> 2. If yes, How we will make a connection or consume 3rd party web services in PI 7.1 landscape.

If you are using webservice then you can create SOAP sender communication channel then Generate WSDL file and sends the same file to customer.

From your side and customer side needs to open the ports.

Your customer is in Medical industry so you can use CIDX adapter also at sender side and we can use Receiver side IDoc adapter (But this is asynchronous approach).

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh