Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to implement parmeterized mapping

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have made a scenario in PI7.3 and the mapping is implemented in Java. There is no graphical mapping. I need to pass 3 parameters to the mapping class instead of hard coding them in the code. This can be accomplished by Parameterized Mapping.

Please let me how to implement parameterized maping.

Thanks and Regards,

Rana Brata De

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer below blog,

regards,

ganesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me how to implement parameterized maping.

A parameter is a special kind of variable, used in a subroutine to refer to one of the pieces of data provided as input to the subroutine. Similarly Parameterized Message Mapping is a new technique in SAP PI for the ability to pass parameters to/from mapping programs gives them more flexibility and applicability by allowing for the transfer of values at configuration time (e.g. Integration Directory).

Steps of Parameterized Mapping in Graphical Mapping

1. First you need to define the Parameters in the Signature Tab of Message Mappings. Parameters of message mappings can be passed between both standard functions and user-defined functions.

2. Next Step is to bind the Mapping Parameters to the Operation Mapping. Click the Parameters button the Operation mapping and then click on the binding button.

3. The Third step is to setting the parameter values in the Interface determination of Integration Directory.

Parameter Categories:

There are two categories you can select while defining the Parameters. They are Simple Type and Adapter. Simple Type parameters are used to transfer simple typed constants that can be used as import or export parameters. Adapter Category parameters are used to transfer the channel name that is to be used for mapping lookups. An adapter type (e.g. JDBC, RFC) must in addition be selected.

You can also use the Parameterized Mapping in Transformation step of Integration Process.

step by step process: