Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter: Target directory does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Using RFC to File Scenario.

While processing in File adapter, i get following error for the target directory.

Delivering the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Target directory '
*********************\Out' does not exist and cannot be created.

Although I am able to use the same target directory on my local machine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192851
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

Try another slash... /../../out/

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with create target directory option , if it creates then enter valid direcotry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But I am already using create target directory.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think FTP user didnt have suffiecinet otherrization to create directory in FTP, check once again Directory format entered is correct.

if you have phycial access to FTP then create one folder and enter the same in File channel and push one message and let us know the result.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

my transport protocol is NFS.

i created new folder, but it's giving the same error.

Do folder needs some extra authorization for PI system to access. but the directory exists in the PI system itself so I don't think it would require authorization.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you do need to assign authorization to this target folder for the user that you use in PI for authorizing connections. Moreover, if you want PI to create a directory, your user should also be authorized to do this.

Hope this helps,

Greg