cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source and destination clarification needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are using SRM as an add-on component to ECC 6.0. We are on SRM Server 5.5. In the defination of backend system SAP asked us to create 4 entries.

1. ONECLNTERP : RFC tick is on

2. ONECLNTEBP:

3. ONECLNTSUS:

4. XXXCLNTYYY: Local tick is on.

So this means 'ONECLNTERP' is my backend system i.e. ECC 6.0 and 'XXXCLNTYYY' is my local system.

Now while defining backend system for Product category there is one 'Source System and there is 'Target system'. Source System: System from which master data is replicated. So this should be my SRM system (as Product category is a part of SRM) or this should be ECC (as My product categories are copy of material group from ECC).

Target system is the system into which follow-on document of SC is transfered i.e. Backend ECC system.

Am I correct to say the above. I'm confused about which system is source and which system is destination.

While defining the Account Assignement category and defining the PR document type I'm facing the same problem as I've to define the source system.

Can anybody clarify me??

Thanks

Debashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deb,

I have not worked on ECC 6.0.

But logically speaking the

source system - has to be yr ECC as SRM would be taking the ref of matl masters from there only

Target system - would be yr same ECC again if you are using only one backend (and I think you are)

(if you are using multiple backend and you want followon document in diff backend then here the SID of that backend would come)

BR

Dinesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

did you get your system working?

how did you configure the backend destinations for each system?

i.e. if you used ONECLNTEBP and ONECLNTERP as the logical system names how did you distinguish between your Development, Test and Production environments?

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The source system will be the Backend system from which the masters are imported into the SRM system..In ur case,ECC 6.0.

BR,

Disha.