cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Action Blocks in MII 12.2, cannot upload JAR files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've been attempting to get the PDF action blocks into MII, but i am getting errors whenever i try to upload the JAR files.

When uploading the PDFActions.jar I get the following message in the NW logs:

Could Not Find Dependency File iText.jar

But when i try to upload the iText.jar I get the following message:

Assembly file is missing file iText.jar, which configures the actions

and the same for the iTextAsian.jar

Assembly file is missing file iTextAsian.jar, which configures the actions

I have been attempting this on both MII 12.2.2 build 235 and 12.2.3 build 167

And I have tried both the old iText 1.4.5 and the new iText 5.1.3

Does anybody recognize these errors and know a solution? or does anybody have this working?

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

You need to create a zip file with the custom action jar and all the dependency jars inside it. Then upload the complete zip file. This will work.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

That let me upload the files, thanks.

unfortunately, now that the files are uploaded they are not working.

The action blocks do appear in the Workbench, but the have a "blank" icon that looks like a document. And i cannot add them to a Transaction by either dragging or double clicking. Any ideas?

Has anybody else see this?

Cheers,

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Original question answered but still having problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the solution. The latest version of iText.jar had been used in the zip instead of the older 1.4.5 version.

it now appears to be functioning correctly.

Steve.

Edited by: Stephen Marsh on Feb 8, 2012 3:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

Having the same problem like you did before.

Is everything working for you after you used the new jar file?

Which Jar file you used from the itext-5.2.0.zip file? I saw that we will need to change the file name to iText.jar from the other thread and zip it together with the PDFActions.jar and iTextAsian.jar. Is it the same?

Best regards,

Lawrence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lawrence:

The PDF custom actions are not compatible with the new version of iText (5.2). You will need the 1.4 jar files to use the existing PDF actions.

Regards

Chris Carney

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I've tried using the 1.4 jar file. I was able to upload it and the action blocks showed up properly. However, the configuration section and the action block functions are not working properly. Is it working good for you?

Best regards,

Lawrence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on the PDF custom action block part. I use MII 12.1.8 version.

1. I have deployed all the dependency jars like PDFActions.Jar, iText.Jar (olderversion) and iTextAsian.jar. PDF Action blocks are generated properly in the server but not in the client.   

2. In the client i tried creating the zip file named CustomActionJar and the zip file has all the dependencies which is mentioned in my 1st point. but it is not getting deployed. It shows the error message like "Assembly File Catalog.xml" is missing. Once i got this error i got the xml content of Catalog.xml from google and so i put that xml content in the notepad, saved it as "Catalog.xml". But still the custom jars are not getting deployed. Now the error changed to Assembly File "PDFActions.jar" is missing.

Please note that it works fyn in server but not in client.

Could anyone please suggest what is missing??

Thanks

Praveen