cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Approver Determinator in ACC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Does anyone know please that when i click CAD tab under the workflow than there one approver Determinator does not exist but when i click on STAGE tab then I can see cunch of approver determinator which does even exist in CAD mani screen such as no stage, Role, Manger etc etc. Becuase in Path we set up Role (approver determinator) as first stage than business process owner is seconf stage.

the thing is I want to add approver on approver determinator (ROLE) level but as i said i cant not see the that approver determinator on CAD screen level....can anyone any idea what do do there and how i can add my approver name on ROLE (CAD) lavel....please

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Diego and Frank......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Junaid,

I don't get the point. You have a stage; in that stage, let's say "Stage A",you have a custom approver determinator for that stage, let's say "CAD_A", right?

And CAD_A doesn't exist in "custom approver determinator"? that workflow shouldn't work properly....

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That right Diego, but I figure out now that those are sap standard approver determinator I beleve as i mentions such as Role, Manger, no stage etc etc, you know what I mean. Becuse on one stage and path level we were using ROLE as (approver Determinator) and I have to sync up same in my development system.

tell me I think I need to upload the roles and those roles will go to approver 1 stage is role owner (as ROLE cad) and 2 stage is business process owner (as BPO_CAD) different approver, so that ROLE cad we have ROLE OWNER stage.

So tell me the right way that how would I assign my roles only to ROLE cad (at first stage) as role owner approver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Junaid,

I understand now. You aren't using a custom approver determinator. You're using role as approver determinator. If you want to change the approver for a role you should find the role in CUP, roles -> search roles and change the approver in the "role approver" tab.

Cheers,

Diego.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Exactly that - the lower case approver determinators are the standard ones, whereas the all upper case ones are custom approver determinator.

Manager - whoever is defined as manager in the request form

Role - configured in CUP role definition (can be exported/imported via Excel!)

Business Process Owner - Defined in CUP - Roles - Attributes

etc. - see documentation

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats is right Diego, i figure this out and nothing mentions in the document though. Tell me please also if we are using role (lower case system approver determinator) than do we have to enter all the roles one by one. I did already but lets say if we have 300 roles and we are using same role (approver determinator) on our first stage than do we have any other way to import the excel sheet (i dont see any option there). On second level stage/path I am using custome approver determinator so as i approver i defined same roles there too but that is not working when gave wild card * and after i need to enter role name by name.

thanks much in advnace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

You can search the roles you want to modify and using the Export button, export them to Excel. You can modifiy the approver in Excel and later using roles->import, choose "from file" and check the "Overwrite Existing Roles".

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, Fantastin and thanks Diego............