cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to make a Realignment run faster in DP in background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

We have to Realign some characteristics sometimes and it takes a really long time (over 40 seconds per record). Sometimes we might have a couple thousand records to Realign and its a drain on the system and time consuming for the user. Are there any parameters that can be tweaked to make this run more efficiently and faster in the background? My BI person has compressed and indexed the database, but it only saved a couple seconds per record.

Should I ask the Basis team to help out? I'm not sure if this is their area of expertise or not.

Thanks!

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I found that the OSS note 812045 could give you some guidance regarding performance issues for realignment. I don't think there are too many options, but you could have a look at the note and see if something helps you.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawan:

Thanks for suggesting this Note. We can definitely reduce the amount of data in the Realignment. We have 6 years of data in the cube, but only show 3 years online in APO. I think we will purge some old data and see if it runs faster. Also, our Basis team is looking at LiveCache parameters to see if any can be tweaked to increase the runtime of the job.

Best Regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This OSS note below is a good starting point. Your BW colleague may already be familiar with this. There is a specific section in this note that talks about performance factors and considerations .

Note 903886 - Hierarchy and attribute change run

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Parallel processing profile might help in improving the performance.

You can reach out to Basis to put a trace on the transaction and they will inform you about the time consuming activity.

Thanks

Amit