cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have SAP migration/data center move coming up. Can you please let me know what do I need to take care of the things from PI perspective? I mean the Pre and Post I mean t Ours is PI7.0 and mainly lots of file/proxy/JMS scenarions. what is the impact on the web dispatcher?

i have searched the forum but did not get much info.

Thanks a lot in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>what is the impact on the web dispatcher?

There should not be any impact on the web dispatcher.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are going for a data center migration mainly you need to concentrate on firewall settings.Because we had a data center migration recently and major of the things were related to Firewall settings.

once all the firewall settings are in place you need to test the unique interfaces and ensure if they r working properly before you migrate the changes to PRD.

Br,

Naveen

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before moving to new data centre i hope your team has estimated all risks and efforts. as prateek mentioned network compatiblity is major issue and most of the communication channels(File,JDBC,JMS,SOAP) will face errors . so i would suggest you to prepare check list with IP's used in communictaion channels and check with data centra migration team what will be the new ip for the same.

Request them to fix all network issues reamiining evrything works as expected.

Regards,

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It all depends and can range from being very complex to very simple. I have done a project not long back where the data center was being moved to another country. They were changing hostnames and of course IPs of systems. Therefore of course there were lot of places where things got changed. e.g, channels, network ports, HTTP communication URLs etc. If hostname changes, the web dispatcher link might change and you have to inform your partners about it. In any case, your partners have to open ports for new IPs.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks everyone for your replies..before I close this thread..just wanted to know if there are any guide/book online that I can go through specific to PI for Migration? thanks ..

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there is no blog /wiki , better to write your experience as a blog,it would help many people.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such blog.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There should be no major issues.

Things to check , are the communication channels.

They may go into error states, if a the firewall setting on any file application server gets reset in the process of Data center moves.

In such case, you may want to toggle the status of the CC parameter Mode to "active".

Best Regards,

Ravi