cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 7.3 Semantic Partitioning Overview Documentation / General SPO question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to find a good document with screenshots of the actual SAP BW screens outlining the process of creating and maintaining SPOs in 7.3+. Does anyone have/know of one that would cover this?

Also, a more general question (and I apologize as I haven't used SPO yet), if one creates an SPO and one of the dimensions is Fiscal Year, will BW automatically create a new set of objects for a new year? For instance, when it turns from FY12 to FY13 and data with FY13 Fiscal Year first begins to load into BW, will one of the admins need to come in and setup a new FY13 set of objects or will they be created automatically when the system sees the FY13 data?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The below link will be useful to you

http://explore-sapbw.blogspot.com/2011/12/complete-information-about-semantic.html

Regards,

Venkatesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the following document for the details of semantic partitioning concept in bw.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70c8f741-c9f0-2d10-ac90-c8d9f2075...

coming to your question:

At the time of SPO creation only, you need to mention the number of partitions and the partition conditions.

Partition conditions may be single value, multiple values and ranges ( but not multiple ranges ).

The SPO is not an automation process based on the source data.

Regards,

Siva A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate the response and the link. So to follow up on the question response, in the example I gave, I imagine it could be handled one of two ways. Either they have a process so towards the end of the year they manually go in and extend the range out to cover the next Fiscal Year OR they could create the range initially into the future (to 2020, for instance) and then just update it again once they reached the end of the range. Does this sound correct? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you are correct.

Regards,

Venkatesh