cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rz11 changing values

0 Kudos

hi all,

When i will get situation for RZ11 option(change values) for the changing values of work-process parameters ?

rz11>in that search option we get one workporcess of documentation over there beside of that when we get change value option?

Regards,

Vardhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardhan,

As my friends said,not ALL the parameters are Dynamically Changable.

Some are static whic requires SAP restart ,you can easily identify whether a parameter is Dynamically changable or Static one from RZ11 it self.

If the parameter Dynamic then Dynamically Switchable check box is enabled in RZ11 and you can change that parameter.

Regards,

Srini Chapa.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I my personal computer i hv three clients i need to copy of ddic so i need to check the client side. So i run rsspacecheck in sa38 in that its asking table parameters. can anyone tell wt type of table parameter name i have to give there and what are all other options? can anyone give the way to breakout client sizing and how many ways we can check the client size.

Regards,

Vardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vardhan,

Profile parameters that can be changed dynamically will be done from transaction RZ11. Static parameters must be changed/modified from RZ10.

Static parameters need sap application server restart where as dynamic won't need that. You can get the list of dynamic parameters (those can be modified from RZ11) from table TPFYPROPTY.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi sivakumar,

Thing is i change the parameters in dialogue instance and central instance but if i need to change the values in RZ11, and i need to change those values in rz11 dynamically. I go through with one documentation studied there is a change value option will get in rz11 to change dynamic parameters so i am unable to get option change value parameters in RZ11. When i can get that change value options in rz11 t-code. can you explain me as soon as possible.

I am using

Regards,

Vardhan

Edited by: r.vardhan73 on Feb 8, 2012 8:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varadhan,

Only few parameters can be changed dynamically in RZ11 - example - timeout value, scripting etc ...and cannot change all the parameters in RZ11 dynamically. What parameter you looking to change dynamically ?

If you looking to Add work process dynamically, I have already pasted the link to add WP dynamically - Set the parameter to TRUE to dynamically add parameter.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vardhan,

As Arjun already said, few parameters can be changed dynamically from RZ11, not all parameters. You can get the list of dynamic parameters from the table I gave in my previous comment.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RZ11, you can only change parameter that are Dynamically Switchable.

When you search for a parameter in RZ11, see if the Dynamically Switchable check box is enabled. Incase it is, you can go ahead and change the parameter without the need to restart the system.

If the parameter is not dynamically switchable, you need to set the parameter in RZ10 and the new values would come into affect only after system restart.

Please note that values changed in RZ11 are temporary and lost after a system restart. To make values permanent, you need to change it in RZ10 as well, so that it is effective even after restart.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vardhan,

You need to modify the work process in RZ10 or OS level.

The only way to add work process during system runtime without restart is Dynamic Work Process using the parameter RZ11 - rdisp/dynamic_wp_check=TRUE and you need kernel version 7.20 or 7.30

Refer to below link on how to implement

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/c24a5fb8db0e5be10000000a1553f7/content.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xs3pJ-f844

Regards,

Arjun