cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to maintain a monthly budget value for a customer that they can order against.

I only want to stop the customer going over the budget in the month in question .

For example I could have a budget for a customer so that he can spend 5,000 GBP with us each month.

This will be the value of the orders that he can send us in the month in question.

Customers can have different budgets per month to allow for seasonality.

Orders for a particular month will only be checked against the budget for the month to determine if it has been exceeded or not.

Is there a standard way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try exploring use of value contract in your scenario. The flow will be Value contract -> sales order -> delivery->billing. You can maintain value B- Error message if target value is exceeded in the item category ->Contract Rel Ctrl field (t.code VOV7). Also check the sales document type for contract related settings.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have considered using that but the problem would be that in addition to having an extra step in the process I have to enter line items in the contract. I want to minimise the amount od dateI am thinking of using a condition record with cumulative value to monitor the 'usage' but its that fact that I only need it to be avtive for a month and then to 'reset' itself or to have a record for each month. We will have upto 450 customers to manage their budgets for so we want to minimise the amount of data maintenance.

Thanks Javaid

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have considered using that but the problem would be that in addition to having an extra step in the process I have to enter line items in the contract.

No need to enter all the materials as line item as you can create assortment module to add all the materials at one time. Then this assortment module can be repeatedly used in different value contracts. In order to create the value contract upfront, you can check with an ABAP'er on developing a Z-program (BDC program), so that for the whole year ( one per month) the Z-program can create value contract per customer.

If you are able to do this requirement using condition record, that is also good, but I don't know to do that.

The other option would be using FD32 and OVA8 - Credit functionalities to control the budget. Again I am not sure on how you reset the credit values for all the customers at the beginning of the month. May be you need to develop a customized ABAP program to reset the credit value.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to develop a bespoke and more detailed solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could look at using Credit management to handle this.

Set it up so the total max sales value for that period - if they go over then they go on credit hold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

I have considered these options in one way or another and I was trying to avoid writing Z programs.

Having discussed it with the business in more details and to minimise the amount of date that will have to be maintained by the users and also to add some additional functionality I may have to end up with both a Z table and a few Z programs to manage the setting up of the data.

I can then use a user exit to perform the validation required.

Many Thanks