Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BI 4.0 Launch Pad - Customize

There are a couple threads on here that deal with this, but the answers are vague and unhelpful. My question is this: I want to be able to add an additional graphic to the top left of the launch pad (the logo banner + custom image)after successful login and need to know how this can be achieved. I have already changed the logo banner, but I need to add some custom HTML code for my custom image. main.jsp is the page that needs to be changed, but it seems that this page isn't actually used. I think the page that is actually used instead of main.jsp is a compiled jsp page. This thread [here|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2125006], talks about using custom.jsp to achieve this. Is that for the actual login screen or the launch pad? I have played with the file, but have been unsuccessful in getting anywhere. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Scott,

1) go to <BOE Installation>\tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\internal

and modify the precompiled.jsp.files.use line by setting it to false from true in the         

file global.properties

2) change the page main.jsp

For me I made only a small change by adding manually our BI4 platform information.

String userName = ident.getUserFullName()+"@BI4Poc";

The changes should apply also in the folder tomcat\..\work\.....

3) Restart tomcat

Regards,

Saints

2 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question