cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound XML file into ECC6 .. is middleware required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are running SAP ECC6 and do not have SAP XI.

An external system needs us to send an outbound WMTORD in XML format. We have configured the XML port and succesfully got an xmla file out of the system.

The external system will return a WMSUMO idox in XML format. ... but I am unclear if SAP can process this directly without some middleware or having to run special function modules (somehow?!).

Can anyone help clarify what needs to be done for the inbound xml file ... do I create a file port and SAP simply converts the xml into normal format?

I see some post about running function modules .. im not cleear on what program is used to run these

Any help appreciated

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

To answer your question specifically, No, there is no need for an middleware for your case.

You can just create an inbound port of type xml file port and do the necessary IDOC inbound configuration and that should be enough.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3f/faa288bb7911d2897f0000e8216438/content.htm

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prateek>. Thanks for reply ... unfortunately this is a small organisation and the chances of adding PI on to the landscape is just about zero

Hi Ravi> Again, thanks for the reply .. sounds promising, however, you say to create an "XML file port" .. when you do this there is only OUTBOUND tabs .. no settings for Inbound.

Only a standard FILE port has settings for INbound.

We are hoping to do this without developer support

Thanks

lee

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Converting IDoc to IDoc-xml format using XML file port option will do the job and your third party systems can read the file(IDoc-xml).

Coming to vice versa case request your Third prty system people to pose data in the form of XML and place it in FTP and request ABAP team to write a program to read data from FTP and process it in SAP.

Regards,

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What type of communication does your receiver partner expects? If it is just an FTP, you may use FTP related function modules to along with some abap code to send the file to them. There doesn't appear to be a direct way without the use of PI. If the organization is growing and may have many integration scenarios moving forward, then it makes sense to invest in PI at this moment. Otherwise, just for a single scenario, it doesn't make sense to use PI.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think to convert idoc xml to idoc the adapter is required which PI supports. SO Pi in this case might be required. Anyway wait for other experts reply to handle through other methodologies.