cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA installation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis gurus...

really need your help to finish this HANA installation.

i am trying to install HANA SP03 on my desktop with the command

./setup.sh -d <Media location> <working directory> <model file>

media location - given the location of SAP DVD

working directory - /tmp/hanainst

model file - setup hana file with all the parameters preset ( data , log , SID, sys number etc)

but still i see the error like --

ERROR- installer not started from DVD. either you start the installer from the dvd or specify the location with the -d option.

but i have used the -d option but no luck..

can some one help on this............

Regards

Akhil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil

Try this

Start the installer from the installation medium.

To do this, proceed as follows:

1.     Change to the directory HANA_IM_LINUX__X86_64 on the installation medium where the setup.sh script is located

( Eg:  # cd <given the location of SAP DVD>/ HANA_IM_LINUX__X86_64)

2.     Start the installer from that directory by entering the following command: ./setup.sh <WORKING_DIRECTORY> <MODEL_FILE>

(Example: ./setup.sh /tmp/hanainst /tmp/setuphana.slmodel)

Please note :

If you want to run the installer from the downloaded installer ZIP file,

proceed as follows:

1. Change to the directory to which you have unpacked the installer ZIP file. (Eg: #cd /< directory to which you have unpacked the installer ZIP file>)
  2. Start the installer from the command line by entering the following command:

./setup.sh -d <MEDIUM_LOCATION> <WORKING_DIRECTORY> <MODEL_FILE>

Example:

./setup.sh -d /mnt/HANA_DVD /tmp/hanainst /tmp/setuphana.slmodel

0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to prepare your model template to customize your instalation, copy the template with this command:

cp /HANA_DVD/DATA_UNITS/HANA_IM_LINUX__X86_64/setuphana.slmodel.template /tmp/setuphana.slmodel

the make the apropiate changes in the template with something like that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><systemParameters> <dataPath>/hana/shared/data</dataPath> <logPath>/hana/shared/log</logPath> <sapmntPath>/hana/shared</sapmntPath><instanceNumber>69</instanceNumber><sid>HAN</sid><hdbHost>hostname1</hdbHost> <timezone>UTC</timezone><distributedSystem> <additionalHostsRootUser>lroot</additionalHostsRootUser> <hosts> <host hostname="hostname2" hostType="worker" haGroup="11" storagePartition="3"/> </hosts> </distributedSystem> </systemParameters>

then ru the unified installer like this:

./setup.sh /tmp/hanainst /tmp/setuphana.slmodel

Now the installer beggins and check the requirements, tha last installation that i make the minimun requirement of ram qas 24 GB of RAM.

Good luck

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is because the installer is looking for the file <DVD Path>/LABEL.ASC, but actually the file is label.asc.

To solve it you can change the case for the file in the setup.sh script (line 124) or you can change the case of the file in your <DVD Path> location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfredo,

Please did you experience the issue and changing the case of the label.asc fixed the issue for you?

I am asking because I have tried to change the case using both editing the script and changing the file name (label.asc), but it still did not fix the issue.

Please help if you have any other suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shabbir,

I'm having similiar issue. hve u solved this problem. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akhil,

You cannot install SAP Hana on desktop. SAP Hana requires HANA capable hardware. Refer to below link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/inmemory/SAPHANAInstallation

http://help.sap.com/content/hana/overview/hana_overview.htm

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

you are right. but at least i should be able to open the installer. all the prerequisites are met.

OS - SLES is installed. and HANA platform edition is downloaded. my try is to install at least a test server.

thanks,

Akhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatversion of Java you are using ?

Do you have exceed or Humingbird ? Did you set Display Variable ? Are you able to open xclock ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

it is silent installation in command line. all other parametes are met. still hunting for the solution.. thanks for your time.

Regards,

Akhil.