cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use EasyDMS to store file location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for a way to save a URL pointer to a network file location using EasyDMS. I do not want to store the actual document in DMS but rather just the filename/location reference. I am able to create a DIR manualy using CV01N to do exactly what I want -I save the network path as the original, and when I launch, the file is opened from the network location.

Is it possible to capture the original file location via EasyDMS drag and drop? I thought the EASYDMS_NEW_FILENAME BADI could be used for this purpose although the value captured in DOCFILE-DOCPATH is the location of the EasyDMS working directory, not the original file location. Is there another BADI/enhancement point that can be used to capture the file location and write this to the DIR?

Thanks!

Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We are indeed using a solution similar to what you have outlined in the link provided although this is not the issue per se. I would like to be able to use Easy DMS so that when I drag a file over, the link is maintained as the original in the DIR (as you show in your wiki). The problem is that the reference location available in the BAPI points to my local working directory and not the original file location. Thoughts on how to retain this location so that I may reference within the DIR?

Thanks,

Adam

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

If you add URLs as originals to a document info record please note that they must not be checked in at all. Because this will corrupt the URL path.

Maybe the information at http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/LinkingURLpagestoDocuments.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Can we also add web URL's as originals in Easy DMS.If yes how?

Regards

Amulya