cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output type for QC21 and QC22

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell where we assign the output type for QC21 and QC22 transactions?I could not find it in NACE and it is not thr for sure..I debugged the program and find out the print standard program for that. But if i want to replace it with a Custom programe with some modifications, i should know the path or location to assign it.

Pls help.

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor

If you change the basic provided SAP COA program, you can no longer use QC21 or QC22. Each of these use their own progams, RQCAAP01 and RQCAAP02 respectively. The program for QC20 is RQCAAP03.

When you make a Z program for your COA program and use config to assign these to your output types, (usually replacing RQCAAP00) you are only placing your new code in the program for deliveries using outputs.

Since you can't modify RQCAAP01 and RQCAAP02 you can no longer use QC21 or QC22 as they won't have the same functionality/logic as your Z COA program you assigned to your output types.

SAP never really intended for you to change the underlying COA program. The ability to assign output programs to output types was primarily allowed to create programs for special output types liks EDI and future output types maybe not envisioned.

SAP really never planned for you to change the basic standard underlying COA program. So when you do change it, you lose the ability to use QC21 and QC22.

Mods to your COA should be done via standard SAP functionality such as the function modules that can be wirtten and configured, user exits, and SAPscript.

I run into this everywhere I go. DO NOT modify the COA program!!!!

Once you modify the program, whatever version you use as your base program to start from, is the version of SAP you are stuck with. So if you modified a 4.6c version of the program, as SAP rolls out new versions, such as in 6.0 or 6.0EHP, your custom progam cannot take advantage of any new functionality that SAP provides. It is conceievable that at some point, if SAP makes a major change to the COA functionality, you might find your custom program no longer functions some day after an upgrade or hot patch.

An excellant example of this is the use of multiple specifications in QM. A company who for instance modified their COA program in version 4.0 are stuck with the 4.0 version. When upgraded to 6.0, they cannot use the new multiple specifications functionality as they cannot output COA's for it because their custom COA program, built on 4.0, has no logic in it for multiple specs. So they must rewrite their custom program, or use it as is knowing that no business in their company can consider using multiple specifications as a possible option.

Some places make "Z" versions of QC21 and QC22. They have to copy the RQCAAP01 and RQCAAP02 programs and put in the same logic they put in the custom program. Then they create ZQC21 and ZQC22 transactions. Of course you now have to maintain three programs with changes and updates.

No QM consultant should ever recommend a change to the basic COA program normally. It often appears to be the easiest solution but this is usually because not enough is known about the various config options available, user exits and SAPscript knowledge. I have only seen one client in over 15 years that absolutely had to change the COA program. And there a special output type was set up for just that business and only their output types were set up with the custom progam.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

As per your reply i understood that, instead of replacing the std. program i need to modify the script for my requirement.

am i right?

points assigned.

Thanks,

Sameer

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on your requirement it might be the script. It could be a new FM or user exits as well.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because this is a question that I often see, or similar questions along the same line of modifying the COA program I decided to write a blog about this. Please check it out at:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/28562

Let me know what you think. If there is interest I'll do a followup blog and eventually turn them into an article or Wiki.

Please check my other blogs at:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/u/252095194

If I get positive feedback I might continue blogging. For now it's an experiment for me.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to create a certificate for delivery?

If that is the case you can assign the output type in VV21

Regards

Hari