cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PDF/A documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

currently we create document in SAP HR with Adobe Life Cycle designer. (pdf based print). This works fine.

Now, I want to save these documents as PDF/A documents.

Is this possible?

Can someone tell me which parameter I have to set and where I have to set it?

(remark: when I create a document manually via Adobe professional I use SAVE AS PDA/A)

Thanks for an answer.

Erwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

I know I'm a little bit late and your question is already marked as "answered", but maybe this document adds some helpful information: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/40/d7edd78f9e43f4b9d91e1201ba7f6a/content.htm

Best regards
(@se38)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

Can you be little more clear in your question.

Because there is an default option in Adobe Forms. When we see the print preview there is a SAVE button available which will allow you to save the document in the system of type PDF.

Are you asking for this option or anything else. Please let me know so that i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for replying.

What we do is following:

- we have created a Form using Adobe Life Cycle designer

- we create the documents, via a print program in, in background

- these documents are PDF documents stored in SAP with Archive link

- we make the documents available for the end user via the SAP Portal. He/She can than print,e-mail or store localy the document.

The aim is that this documents are typa PDF/A because we must keep them for a long term. So I think we need to

add a parameter (or some thing else) in the print program taht creates the document.

rem: when you open a pdf document you can see it on the pop up in adobe reader

Thanks in avance for replying,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

If it needs to be done in back ground ie in print program then you can use many function modules to do so.

Just see the link : [Urgent Adobe PDF form as Attachment|;.

The last post of Bertrand. I think the first part of it gives you the answer.

Also see this WIKI

[pdf files in Adobe|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/PDFfilesin+SAP#PDFfilesinSAP-HowtosaveaPDFbinaryintoPDFfile%3F]

This will also give you a clear understanding how it can be done. I thin you will be asking the user to enter his input ie in which mode he needs the output so if he gives save option then trigger this part of code.

I think this will solve your issue. Please revert back if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot for your help.

I also think that when I store the document using Archive Link, it is in the format PDF/A.

Greetings,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it will be in PDF format if we give the document class as PDF.

Are you using any function module for dealing with Archive link ex : ARCHIV_CREATE_OUTGOINGDOC_MULT

In this if we have mentioned the "DOCUMENT CLASS" as PDF then the result will be in PDF.

Thanks,

Sri Hari