Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing parametwers as iView parameter to a Dashboard

hans-dieter_loew
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to enter some parameter into a Dashborad iView, so that this parametzers are mapped to the input parameters

of a Dashboard.

But it will not works.

Which fields in the Dashboad iView must I filled out so that the parameters mapped to the input parameters of a Dashboard. Is there a special syntax of such a parameter string?

I could communicate via Portal eventing with a Dashborad and could also send the parameter as XML to a Dashboard.

But in my case I could not use Portal eventing.

Kind regards

Hans-Dieter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If you use the user data connector, you can add parameters which will then be available in the iview properties available for iview personlization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, check this how to guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5a40f2f7-0c01-0010-d69f-c63...

It uses portal eventing. Just curious, why can't you use portal eventing in your scenario?

hans-dieter_loew
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I have developed a tool to start several kinds of reports, transaction, Visual composer apps,...

This application will be displayed in a headerless portal window.

So my application and the started application are not on the same page and than portal eventing will not works.

An other problem is that I start the application and fire the event. Normally the event is fired before the application is running and so the application could not react of the event.

The only way to solve this problem is to wait that the application is completly launched but _I won't build in coding that is waiting for maybe 5 seconds or something like that.

Kind regards

Hans-Dieter

Answers (0)