cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS package version on SAP Netw 7.3 with SAP ECC EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Mentor,

I would like to raise my concerns over ESS/MSS packages on SAP Netweawer 7.3(Portal) and SAP ECC 6.0 EHP5 and need

some clarity on the ESS/MSS packaged in addition with business packages.

I am going to install(ESS,MSS,PCUI_GP) on Portal 7.3 version and at the same time would time to know can i install

the Below BP versions on Portal without knowing our functional team will be developing their applications in

Either Web dynpro java or abap.

I have read with EHP5 business packages the java WEb dynpro will be compatible and required to have ehp4 BP packages on

Portal, even iif our package is EHP5.

Note:-

1)May i install below BPackages on 7.3 Portal to get Java and Abap web dynpro functionality?

2)If EHP5 business packages is not compatibile then can i instal the EHP4 BP and that would not effect anything?

ESS 633 BP ERP05 COMMON PARTS 1.51

MSS 630 BP ERP05 ESS 1.41

PCUI_GP 633 BP ERP05 MSS 1.51

I have been following the below link:-

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/HOWTOGETRIDOFSPSTACKMISMATCHISSUES

Request you to suggest to the right track.

With Regards

Rishav Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is supported to run ESS&MSS (XSS) for ERP 6.0 EHP5 with NW 7.3 Portal.

Please download the content via;

service.sap.com/sedc > Suppor Packages > Browse our Download Catalog

> SAP Application Components" SAP ERP" SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE" EHP5 FOR SAP ERP 6.0

And the components below;

SAP XSS Core NW7.3

SAP XSS (Self Services) NW7.3

Portal Content Self Serv NW7.3

Portal Content Common NW7.3

Portal Content NW7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my case i've a SAPECC 6.0 ABAP basis KB70011.

We are thinking of installing Netweaver 7.30 with ESS and MSS, and with this version, as seen on note Note "1618606 - Patches for SAP Business Suite 7 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 hub" we have to use the ESS 633 and MSS630.

But the link https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/HOWTOGETRIDOFSPSTACKMISMATCHISSUES,

don't show this release.

For this releases on Portal7.30 ESS 633 and MSS630, is it necessary to go to ECC6.0 with EHP4?

Or we would be able to use the Netwearver 7.30 on ECC6.0?

Thanks and regards,

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately you've to have at least EHP4 for ERP 6.0 according to the download status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HUSEYIN,

Thank you very much for you answer.

I was just expecting that...

Well just one more please.

Like i don't have the 7.30 version installed, i'm not able to find the minimum SP for EHP4 that could be compatible at MOPZ with the ESS633/MSS630 for 7.30.

Is there any note or...somenthing else...where i can check or confirm if the SP2 for EHP4, is suficient?

I need to know what would be the effort for the "upgrade" of my actual basis stack (11).

I know that if i choose SP2 i would raise my basis to SP18 compatible with SP4, but would it be sufficient to the 7.30 ESS/MSS??

Thanks in advance.

RM

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally we talk about the release compatiblity not the support package compatiblity.

But in fact, there are some dependencies between the SPs on ERP, NW Portal Core and XSS Support Package levels.

Best is to apply the latest SP on each side.

But before applying any SP on any part (ERP, NW Portal, XSS) check the OSS Notes.

Here are the ones I found for now:

Note 1618606 - Patches for SAP Business Suite 7 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 hub

Note 1165442 - Enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP: Info for portal content