cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of storage bucket profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have maintained the time stream calendar in the storage bucket,

My doubt :To transfer the storage bucket profile I have tick the Transport planning area under Transport Planning area(T-code /sapapo/tsobj) ,so we need to transfer planning area also once again right even it is moved already to target system,pl let me know the setting is ok ,and let me know no issues right if we sent the Planning area relevant data again ,

becasue i am thinking manually updating timetream directly in the Target system instread of trasnfer ,target system has not data

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also agree with Aparna.

Maintain storage bucket profile directly in your target system.

If you transport the planning area, it would go with lot of related objects, and something could get changed in target system as per the situation in your source system. This could lead to issues in your target system, which won't even be easy to identify. Better to transport ONLY the changes, unless you are 100% sure that the situation in source system is totally foolproof.

Thanks - Pawan

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it is better to maintain the storage bucket profile directly in the target system . Iam saying this because if you happen to lose the data while transporting the planning area then restoring the data is going to be time consuming . (Not sure how the sytem will behave , because i have never transported storage bucket profile separately) .

Thanks

Aparna