cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order profit booking in another country

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement for which, even after informing the customer that it is not possible to address in SAP, the customer wants us to give them solution. In spite of we giving them several suggestions to re-engineer the process, they want it to work in their own way. As a last option I am putting the question here and expect some advise if any.

The customer has a head office in UK and their manufacturing plant is in Canada. Canada plant buys raw materials for production and UK head office pays for the raw materials. Just because UK pays for the raw materials, they also want to book profit for the finished products that are sold by Canadian sales org. Please note that finished products manufactured in Canada are sold in Canada itself. Canadian customers do not want to place order in UK. Neither the finished products are routed through UK.

The sales order is entered in Canada, priced in Canadian dollars and shipped from Canadian plants. Do you have any suggestions how a country (i.e. UK ) not involved anywhere in sales order cycle can book the profit???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it would help if you told us the company codes map; to which company code each plant belongs? Is UK office also a plant? Are there two (or more) legal companies involved, e.g. one Canadian and the other UK, or just one (UK?)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Canada and UK have separate company codes. Plants in each country is assigned to the company codes of respective country. (I hope we can not assign the plant in Canada to Company code of UK). In any case, please give your suggestions. It will be a big help

Regards

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

i will explain Sale point and try to convert into MM side

For example , One customer place an order , material goes to another customer (location may or may not be different) and payer will be different

similarly think in MM point of view

you need to create separate Purchasing groups

and also may be you can go for Z-report based on those Raw materials upto finished material like each and every stage , so you will get exact cost and profit

If i am wrong for understanding your requirement please correct me

Regards,

Prasanna