cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstaaling of VMfg 5.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in case that VMfg is purpose to uninstall from server, I have tried to run UninstallVisipriseMfg.exe located at C:\Visiprise\VisipriseMfg\AppServer\Uninstaller but an error existed "Cound not find a valid Java virtual machine to load." and application is not uninstalled.

What have I to do to complete uninstalling?

Regards,

- Jukka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

noticed that Java is not installed to our server at all... Might it be the reason why uninstall doesn't succeed?

BTW. In your VMfg installation insruction is mentioned that "Installation of Visiprise Manufacturing requires that a Java 1.4.2 SDK (1.4.2_12 or later for Windows and Solaris, 1.4.2_13 or later for HP-UX) be installed on the application server." but seem that VMfg can be installed and can be used without Java is installed to server...

What other problems (than unable to uninstall) missing Java might cause to usage of VMfg application?

Regards,

- Jukka

0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

As Uninstaller is looking for Java, which does not exist in the specified path, it can be the cause.

As to the java version required; I am not sure how you can 'use' ME (VM) without Java. Please re-check Java Home parameter in Weblogic console (Configuration->Remote Start tab) for your server.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I haven't any idea what are correct parameters? Can you give instructions for me?

installvariables.properties file is created when VMfg is installed, right? Anyone haven't made changes to this file so how this file can prevent unistalling?

Regards,

- Jukka

0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

It is created while ME (VM) is created and its parameters are used by Uninstaller.

I would serach by 'JAVA' word in that file and check all parameters that specify the path to the Java on hard disk. Maybe the path is wrong for some of parameters.

Regards,

Alex.

Edited by: Alexander Teslyuk on Feb 6, 2012 2:22 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

I did not face this error before, but would check installvariables.properties file. There you could find Java path parameters. Are they correct?

Regards,

Alex.