cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equipment subcontracting for project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS gurus,

I have a scenario where equipments(material assignment with serial nos.) goes out to vendor for subcontracting as part of project and same equipment with same serial number is to be received back. Please help me find a solution for this requirement,

Thanks,

Sunanth V.Narayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sunanthvn,

I've seen a process in which we add a material with special procurement "30 Subcontracting" to the project structure. The material was the header of a bill of materials.

We first purchase, under other WBSE or the same, the materials in the bill of materials and we make the Goods Receipt as project stock.

At the end we create a Purchase Order for the header material with special procurement "30 Subcontracting". You do not have to run ME2O as in a normal subcontracting process. Just in Goods Receipt (we use MIGO) the system makes the good issue for all the items in the bill of materials (which have to be as project stock in some WBSE of the project) and the goods receipt for the header material. In our case we used batch numbers so I guess serial numbers won't make any difference.

Check the item category in the purchase requisition and the purchase order of the header material, it must be an L.

Hope it will be helpful.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Tcode MIGO if you have maintained equipment in material master. Use A08 Transfer Posting, R10 Other and Movement type 541.

Also there is provision to add equipments as part of your Service PO . Pl check with MM consultant for more details

Reg/ Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies,

I tried the transfer posting technique. But system is not accepting same serial number during goods reciept. it says system status esto active.

Any solutions for this,

Thanks

Sunanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS gurus,

I am using DIMP and IS A&D. I am trying to do subcontracting(rather refurbishment) of project stock. Please advise me how to do it,

Thanks,

Sunanth V.Narayan

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this functionality is available in ETM - Equipments and Tools Management. Please read SAP Help for further details.