Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use an upload from a spreadsheet to an Input field of table

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a ABAP web dynpro application that I am busy with on SE80. I have a table with a column where the user need to type paycode numbers in an input field. A lot of paycode can be captured by the user, but now someone requested if I can add a functionality where it works like the "import from text file button" on some standard SAP reports.

In other words you copy the paycode numbers from an Excel spreadsheet and when you click on a button (like the "import from text file button"), the paycodes past into the input fields of my talbe.

Is something like this possible?

Regards

Debbie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, it is inputfields in a table. You have to click in the field to type the paycode and to type the paycode on the second line, you need to click in that line to type again.

Any way how if a person want to upload paycodes that they will be able to and those who want to type it in, must also be able to do that.

Regards

Debbie

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information so far.

Will this work if I do not want to upload the actual spreadsheet itself, but only info that I copy form the spreadsheet and that I would like to "paste" in a column of my table?

Regards

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have an input field in this table for one of the columns right.

Try to run the application and open excel also...try to copy it and paste it in the column...check if that is working as it will taking from clipboard..

What is your requirement.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link which is given above post is to upload the excel sheet data, not to copy and paste.

lekha,

i am afraid, it's not possible to simply copy and paste the data in webdynpro table...

I just now cross checked, its copying only 1st value.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess its in available in new version..Need to check....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the link : http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/Upload/Page1.htm

In the above tutorial the attribute DATASOURCE must be of type XSTRING. And in WDA we cannot upload

data directly from excel. first we need to convert the excel from .XLS to .CSV or TEXT file by saving it as tab delimited.

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> I have a ABAP web dynpro application that I am busy with on SE80. I have a table with a column where the user need to type paycode numbers in an input field. A lot of paycode can be captured by the user, but now someone requested if I can add a functionality where it works like the "import from text file button" on some standard SAP reports.

>

> In other words you copy the paycode numbers from an Excel spreadsheet and when you click on a button (like the "import from text file button"), the paycodes past into the input fields of my talbe.

>

> Is something like this possible?

>

> Regards

> Debbie

Yes you can upload data from a .csv file into an internal table in wda

Regards,

sahai.s