cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO cluster lock in JMS sender channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our production environment is using cluster.

I have 2 sender JMS channel where EOIO feature has been used.

Today while monitoring we found one of the cluster node is showing below error

EOIO cluster lock:com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.eoio has already been acquired for EOIO channel by another cluster node. Therefore channel has been made inactive. Underlying lock manager reported message(if any) as: Cannot lock [20u2026u2026u2026u2026ip address, com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.eoio,c8u2026(channel ID),E]; it is in use by another owner. The lock collision occurred with user.

We have asked basis to remove the lock and they said that can be removed in NWA system lock.

But before removing the lock I wanted to understand the following

1)Why this lock happened, since it is EOIO? ( this issue is not there in other EO communication channels)

2)Is there any side effect if we delete the lock?

Appreciate your fast response .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We recently had an upgrade from SP05 to SP09 on PI 7.11. We have started seeing similar warning which were not there prior to the upgrade. Is there a way to get rid of these warnings?

Thanks,
Sathya

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>2)Is there any side effect if we delete the lock?

yes - it will stop being EOIO - you can never remove a lock for EOIO from NWA - it will remove itself once the processing is over

>>>>EOIO cluster lock:com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.eoio has already been acquired for EOIO channel

as far as I rembmer this is a warning and not an error - anyway you cannot remove the lock

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your reply.

you are right , this is just a warning and can see message succesfully processed yesterday.

I have another channel which is also having same EOIO and yesterday same time that interaface also executed.but this error is not there.

both the interface executed at the same time( daily once interface) yesterday and both were having same EOIO issue for one cluster.

But today morning i found , the EOIO lock issue disappered in one channel but the other channel is still having.

is there any timeline of EOIO lock? if yes where we can check this in NWA?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor

Hi,

>>>is there any timeline of EOIO lock? if yes where we can check this in NWA?

as long as it takes to process the message (so depending on the message size, hardware, ram, etc)

but in general you don't need to worry about warning messages

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

agreed. But my message size was very small ( 2 KB) and the lock still persists , ( its more than 20 hours).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

The warning of EOIO cluster lock is still there.

we have 2 clusters, c1 and c2.

in NWA i can see the lock name *($com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.eoio)* is locked by c1 (2 locks (i.e.2 lock argumnets)) and c2           (1 lock).

i can understand that , to ensure the EOIO message proccessing the AF locks the queue , but it should theoritically unlock once the message processing completes.But this is not happening in my case.

Should i try removing one lock? or this is bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you haven't done so yet, take a look at note 1410308. If this is something for you, also make sure you are on the right patch level according to note 1335523.

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ole.

We shall try that let u know.