SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PMD (Clinical Document) Document from Webdynpro ABAP

former_member491305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone,

I have developed two PMD document category(Tcode :N2T6 ) for Clinical documents in SAP R/3 and somehow with the limitation of R/3 in terms of developing user friendly screens like Auto fill and image processing etc...,Users do not satisfy with it.So we are planning to develop in Webdynpro ABAP.But i am not sure how do we integrate the webdynpro development with IS-H PMD (clinical documents) documents ,also I am looking for BAPI's to create our customized parameterized documents.Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Vignesh

1 REPLY 1

former_member208581
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

You are right that certain features, such as auto-completion, are not supported in the PMD toolset. But as most of the data captured in those documents have a high importance for treatment process, you need to elobarate whether such a feature has any impact on patient safety. Just a quick one - user types An ... and the system determines matching diagnoses such Anorexia or Angina. In case the user picks the wrong one by accident the patient safety is an issue.

Other features such as image management can be used. For that you need to use a PMD link module which does provide the image integration. Siemens will ship in the next release EhP6 such a link module for a third party imaging software. Beforehand the link module use with custom development.

In general Siemens has started a product redesign program named "Smart UI". It's major aim is to provide an up-to-date user interface for all major application within i.s.h.med. The very first application we plan to ship is a web-based electronical medical record.

In case you still want to develop your application, I'm sorry to say, but there are no BAPIs or Web services in the standard delivery. For changes to existing documents you can utilize the PMD API of generator version 2. But be aware that document creation is not supported by the API. You need to have a document. Also certain user exit developments may brake a change without having the GUI running. For instance a popup in the save routine will cause a dump if no SAP GUI is available.

Hope this help.

Axel Biernat

Siemens AG

Product Commercialize