cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Settlement Rule getting incorrect Comapny code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm new at PS. The Automatic settlement rule strategy is '04 Copy rule from superior object'. I created a new Project structure by copying an existing structure (with company code e.g. 1200) and changed company code and plant to 5100. At WBS level 5 i check account assignment element, then goto Extras->Costs-> settlement rule.

The settlement rule is generated automatically but with receiver Company code shows old company code 1200 instead of 5100.

I check in GGB1 and there is no substitution defined for this action.

Please help as to why receiver company code in settlement rule is 1200 instead of 5100. what cud be the causes. where it is picking this value?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a project by copying another operative project, all the details of the operative project are copied over to the new project. As you have updated the company code manually in the new project, you will have to make the same modification in the settlement rule as well. If not delete the rules in all the child nodes and modify the rule at top level. After that when you process lower level it will default the modified rule for the superior WBS.

Regards

Sreekanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently when i create a new project WBS structure with company 5100 then everything works fine. the settlement rule also gets generated with correct company code 5100. But when i copy is from a 1200 company Project then the issue of incorrect receiver company code in settlement arises. Am i doing something wrong?