cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration of equipments for external services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am new to PM. I have one doubt. when i send one equipment(ex; vernier) for outside calibration,

1) Using external services control key, i maintained the vendor , price etc for calibration. Now how the process flows from here. What actions are done here. How is the document maintained for sending it to vendor and receiving back.

2) why we assign inspection characteristics in task list of equipment.( inspn points:300)

3) The char are not displyed in RR and UD.

Need your opinion on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandi,

1) Using external services control key, i maintained the vendor , price etc for calibration. Now how the process flows from here. What actions are done here. How is the document maintained for sending it to vendor and receiving back.

You have to send your material to the Stores first, that you can send by maintaining another Line item in the MO Operation, with CK01 Control key and with respect to the same you please a Material in the Component Tab with the Negative(-) Sign which means that you are sending the material to the Stores.

Now you can maintain other Operation Line Items for generating the Service PR, with control Key PM03, based on the same the syatem will generate the PR and that PR after getting release will be converted in PO by the Purchasing Department.

and then the material Transfer posting will be done by the Stores Department via OGP(Out Gate Pass), and recieved the material in the latter stage in the stores stock.

2) why we assign inspection characteristics in task list of equipment.( inspn points:300)

The Inspection Characteristics are assigned in the task list as the Calibration is done at the Operation level, may be in a single Task List you can have the multiple calibrations that you can maintain in different Operations with the help of MIC.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do it through external service use control key PM03 for triggering PR/PO and then service entry(ML81N) when the calibration is over and then do MIRO for bill payment.

For mapping it through calibration order- you need to create task list with inspection point(300) & assign manually to a calibration order(PM06) or create a plan, schedule & generate order from it. Calibratio order has also settings in order type configuration

SPRO>PM & CS>maintenance & service pocessing>maint. & service order>function & settings for order types-->Assign Inspection Types to Maintenance/Service Order Types. Here assign inspection type 14 for calibration order type.

When you assign a calibration task list (inspection point 300)to a calibration order type & release a order it will generate a inspection lot.

If you assign MIC to operations of calibration task list then against characteristics you can record result in QA32/ Qe17 & then do qualitative or quantitative valuation & then usage decision.

Shakti