cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Values not updated in the field Net value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am processing a sales order in which taxes are calculated at item and header level but the same is not updated in the field net value (present at the top right in screen of sales order processing). I tried to find the answer in the forume but could not find the exact answer.

The process goes like this:

I am creating a sales order of Rs 100. Adding a tax of 4% on the total base price.

Therefore at item level it looks like

Base Price: 100

Toatal Price: 100

Tax : 4% on total price i.e. 4

Total tax: 4

Total value of document : 104

This values are updated at item level and header level but in the field Net Value (present at the top right in screen of sales order processing) the net value is shown as 100.

Please let me know why in the field Net value the tax value is not updated even though the values can be seen and calculated at header as well as at item level data.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"Net value" means value excluding tax. So it will not be 104 in your case but 100 only.

Go to header-->conditions there you can find the Net value as well as the tax amount which when added gives you the total sales value which is 104.

Regards

Madhu

Edited by: Madhu Naidu on Feb 6, 2012 12:41 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I had convinced my client that the value of the tax should not be seen in the net value field as it can cause error or wrong reports.

Thanks for your reply because of which I could answer my client about the error.

Thanks and regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Net Value Consists of Price + Discounts + Freights.. , It does Not Include Sales Tax , Excise Duty n Cess.

So Any Condition type you are using as tax.If its Condition Class is D then its value will not consider in Net Value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suhas,

If your requirement is like as below ;

Price - 100

Tax - 4

-

Net Price - 104

here if you want to have the value '104' in the net value field and not segregation like Net Value -100 and Tax -4 , then the control of the same lies in the Condition Type definition.

Go to tcode V/06 and open the condition type of the Tax which value you want to have added in the 'Net Value' field.

There in the 'Control Data 1' , check what you have maintained in the 'Condition Class Field'. If you have maintained the condition class of the Condition Type as 'D', then the value which will be calculated on this condition type will be reflected in the 'Tax field' in sales document.

If you want the value of this condition type to be added in the 'Net Value' then change the Condition Class of the condition class from 'D' to 'A' i. e Discount or Surcharge.

Now whatever value will be calculated in this condition type will be added in the 'Net Value' field and the 'Tax' field will be blank.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Rahul H.Dhole

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is happening b'coz, in your pricing procedure for your TAX Condition type.

You have maintain routine 16 - Net Value + XWORKD in Alternative formula for condition base value.

Remove that routine against your tax condtion type in pricing and try with update pricing in your open sales order or create new sales cycle.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

maintain subtotal as 2 and calculation as 4 for total condition in pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh and JP, Thanks for the reply but the solution you have given is not working

Suresh: I had tried to maintian subtotal 2 and alternate condition value as 4 but still not working.

JP: I had not maintian any value in Req, Alt Base Value or Alt Cal type. for the tax condition types.

I had tried to other option also like keeping the subtotal as 6 or 5 but it is not working. Please suggest some other options.

Ram

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies. I misunderstood your rtequirenment. I thought you want exclude tax from net value

Change Calculat.type for your tax condition type from A - percentage to H - Percentage included

Then maintain routine Subtotal as A and Alt calculation as 4 for Total of Base Value & Net Tax.

Regards

JP

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

May be it is because of condition category "D"

Kindly check the below link

[pricing net value and tax |;

Regards,

Prasanna