cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPACE GROWS in /sapmnt/PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We have scheduled Job SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT under client-000,user-DDIC. with correct variant

Our client in production is 300. But still it showing logs in folder /300BDCLG since august,2011

Because it is standard job, so i think no need to run it in client 300 separately

*Please suggest what should i do????/

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imaan,

>> Our client in production is 300. But still it showing logs in folder /300BDCLG since august,2011

>> Because it is standard job, so i think no need to run it in client 300 separately

It needs to be scheduled on each client, on the system. Under this circumstance, the answer is; yes, you should schedule it on 300, also.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Orkun,

Thankyou ver much,

But make me clear on below point:

According to SAP NOTE:16083, Page no-4 "If this user has the necessary authorizations to work in a cross-client manner, then it does not matter in which client the actual job is running."

*So, i said earlier, Job is scheduled in 000,DDIC. and DDIC has * authorization. Its fulfilling the above criteria*

Why is need to run this job in 300.

And if run this job in 300, then logs in 000BDCLG willl get accumulated

Please reply as soon as possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imaan,

Same note says that the statement, below specific to the SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT;

User REORG has the Authorization profile S_BDC_ALL. 
If Job SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT is now scheduled with User REORG in 
Client 002, the batch input objects are reorganized in Client 002.

It means that you should schedule it on "300". If you are not running batch inputs on "000", you don't need to schedule it on "000"

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Orkun,

Thanks to cordinate with me again......

please make me understand below point. I didnt get it.

POINT 1-'If this user has the necessary authorizations to work in a cross-client manner, then it does not matter in which client the actual job is running"

POINT 2-"User REORG has the Authorization profile S_BDC_ALL. If Job SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT is now scheduled with User REORG in Client 002, the batch input objects are reorganized in Client 002."

Acc to point 1; 000,DDIC can work in cross client manner, it also has SAP_ALL authorization, so job running in 000 will also work in 300.

Acc to point 2; if user has SAP_ALL(means user has authorization of S_BDC_ALL), but job'll work only in specific client

How'll you co-relate these 2 points

how'll i check batch inputs running in client 000 or not???

Can we schedule SAP standard job in multiple clients using '*'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, let me go in to little bit technical detail. If you check the reorganization program "RSBDCREO", you will see the code block that is selecting items on both "APQI" and "APQL" tables, by "MANDANT" field. Note that the program is not looping on clients over the system. You can check the FM "BDC_PROTOCOL_SELECT" to understand the detail.

Under this circumstance, you should schedule the job for each client on the system, running batch inputs.

Your second answer is; you can check batch inputs are whether running on the client, by SM35 t-code.

>> Can we schedule SAP standard job in multiple clients using '*'

I don't know how you can set '' for MANDANT field for this case. This is because it is setting by "SY-MANDT" value. So, as I understand that it is not possible to set '' on MANDANT client

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Orkun,

Highly appreciable answer. All my team members are very thankful to u.

Last question from side:

Could you let me know Which others SAP Standard jobs are client dependent so that we can take appropriate action...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imaan,

The note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs show the answer, perfectly. You can find the list, below;

SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT

SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR

SAP_REORG_SPOOL

SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT

Find the "For some jobs, note the following correlations" statement in the note and read the instructions, belong to each specific job, noted above.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi orkun,

OK, It is clear SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT is running in client 000. i have to scheduled it in 300

i see SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT under Tab "standard jobs" in 000(SM36) with below status

BC SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT 08.02.2012 00:30:00 08.02.2012 00:30:16 Compl.

BC SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT 09.02.2012 00:30:00 Released

BC SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT 12.02.2011 00:30:00 Released/Sus

Same status showing in 300 also....

What is this. Is this status of 000 client which we are seeing in 300 also or?????????????

How can i scheduled it in 300. I think we have to delete this job from 300, then schedule it.

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imaan,

>> Same status showing in 300 also....

The job status and definitions are client inpedendent, so it is normal to see same jobs on each client, over your system.

>> OK, It is clear SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT is running in client 000. i have to scheduled it in 300

Yes, it is correct

>> How can i scheduled it in 300. I think we have to delete this job from 300, then schedule it.

Yes, it would be good

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi orkun,

Now, our requirement is to schedule SAP standard jobs in all clients

Please let us know under which user type (Dialog/System) we need to schedule SAP standard jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imaan,

You can use user type "System".

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear orkun,

My client asking why it is necessary to use 'system' user instead of 'dialog' user for scheduling standard jobs...

Please provide inputs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: imaan.shaikh on Feb 10, 2012 6:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we know,The job status and definitions are client inpedendent, so it is normal to see same jobs on each client, over your system. Current scenario is job running in 000, its showing status in 300 also. i agreee.....

But you wrote , to schedule job in 300 we need to delete it from 300, Because it is not running in 300, this is just status of 000 job in 300 so where this question comes to delete job from 300

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear orkun,

>

> My client asking why it is necessary to use 'system' user instead of 'dialog' user for scheduling standard jobs...

>

>

> Please provide inputs...

Because of the security reasons. Technically, a dialog user can execute a scheduled job, as a rule of thumb the system type user should be executed a scheduled job.

You can check the document, below;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/3272396ace5534e10000000a11405a/content.htm

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> But you wrote , to schedule job in 300 we need to delete it from 300,

There's a misunderstanding, I guess. It doesn't matter you delete a job from 000 or 300. Because of the job definitions are client independent, you can delete it on any client. This is another issue.

The point that I refererred that to be safe side, delete the all scheduled SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT jobs on the system, first. Then, schedule a new one on client 300.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear orkun,

We are getting given below errors during printing fron SAP. Please provide solution if any

Error:1 Unable to start print job, Windows rc=1, Error=Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Error:2 BG: SAPLPD_opne_dc failed, msg = 808 SAPLPD:Windows Problem, siehe SAPLPD Protokoll.

Error 3: Warning: Printer name contains spaces.

Please rename printer, before using it from R/3 or UNIX!

Error 4 The Printer
GCSC-DHCP-01.VSNL.CO.IN\HP LASERJET M4345 MFP PC is unknown to Window Print manager

Edited by: imaan.shaikh on Feb 10, 2012 6:59 PM

Edited by: imaan.shaikh on Feb 12, 2012 10:45 AM

Edited by: imaan.shaikh on Feb 12, 2012 10:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear orkun,

WE have SAP ID "XYZ" as SYSTEM user type. we wanna schedule SAP standard jobs using "XYZ". Please let me know how can we define job using user type "SYSTEM" not "DIALOG".

As we know, We canot login SYSTEM USER via SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> WE have SAP ID "XYZ" as SYSTEM user type. we wanna schedule SAP standard jobs using "XYZ". Please let me know how can we define job using user type "SYSTEM" not "DIALOG".

If you set the required permissions to the SYSTEM user, you shouldn't face with a problem.

>> As we know, We canot login SYSTEM USER via SAPGUI

It is correct. So, you you need to login by the user that you've used on scheduled jobs?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear orkun,

>

> We are getting given below errors during printing fron SAP. Please provide solution if any

>

> Error:1 Unable to start print job, Windows rc=1, Error=Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

>

> Error:2 BG: SAPLPD_opne_dc failed, msg = 808 SAPLPD:Windows Problem, siehe SAPLPD Protokoll.

> Error 3: Warning: Printer name contains spaces.

> Please rename printer, before using it from R/3 or UNIX!

> Error 4 The Printer
GCSC-DHCP-01.VSNL.CO.IN\HP LASERJET M4345 MFP PC is unknown to Window Print manager

>

> Edited by: imaan.shaikh on Feb 10, 2012 6:59 PM

>

> Edited by: imaan.shaikh on Feb 12, 2012 10:45 AM

>

> Edited by: imaan.shaikh on Feb 12, 2012 10:46 AM

This is an operating system related problem

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear orkun,

Ok.. everything is fine. i got lot of knowledge regarding BACKGROUND JOBS from your end...

My last concern is that:

As you know, my client wants all job running under 000 should scheduled in 300(clients in production), whetherr they are independent or dependent..... Because our working client is 300. As you said earlier,delete all standard jobs from 000 and schedule them in 300 ., but i don't want to take risk(or is it safe). clients want to keep jobs running in both client . How is it possible in one system.

I apprehend, Is it feasible to schedule all Standard jobs running in 000 to 300 in same system. Because it create many issues

1. while monitoring we will see 2 jobs running under different clients in same system .Since we know we can see job definition in all clients. so in 1 client it'll show job definition for both clients. it'll bother us. create problem in makin daily monitoring report

2. like this, we may face many other issues,

Please suggest

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Job SAP_REORG_BATCHINPUT:

- Authorization profile S_BDC_MONI - BDCAKTI = 'REOG'

S_BDC_MONI - BDCGROUPID = '*'

Reorganization only in the client in which the job is running

Check SAP note 16083 for more details.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sunny,

Thanks for your reply

According to SAP NOTE:16083, Page no-4 "If this user has the necessary authorizations to work in a cross-client manner, then it does not matter in which client the actual job is running."

So, i said earlier, Job is scheduled in 000,DDIC. and DDIC has * authorization. Its fulfilling the above criteria

Why is need to run this job in 300.

And if run this job in 300, then logs in 000BDCLG willl get accumulated

Edited by: imaan.shaikh on Feb 6, 2012 8:39 AM

Edited by: imaan.shaikh on Feb 6, 2012 9:05 AM