cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar View using Gantt Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement in which we are to display certain items in a calendar view.

This calendar view should resemble the Outlook Calendar where time is on the y axis and day is on the x axis.

So if there is an appointment between 3 to 4 on monday then in the graph it should show it in the form of a horizontal bar between 3 to 4 on monday. I tried achieving this using Gantt Chart in Business Graph, it shows a bullet at the average of the two i.e. at 3.30 instead of a horizontal bar graph.

Is there anything I can do to change the same?

Also, Can the gantt chart be interactive?

Any pointers / examples in this regard will be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Gayathri Shanbhag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gayathri,

To display a graph with horizontal bar for a particular time period we can use chart type column only.

1)Insert Buisness graphics UI and under it insert category and series(not simple series).

2)You will find point under series, now under point insert two values(numeric value).

3)Now define related nodes and attributes for these and bind the upper limit and lower limit to the two

values inserted under point.

4)Pass the values to these attributes and test your application.

Can i know why you need interactive graphs?whats your requirement?

I think you can try ONSELECT action for buisness graphics.

Hope this info helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshith

Thanks for the reply, I got the columns I wanted, but with one exception, I get vertical bars instead of horizontal.

Is there any way I can swap the X and Y axis, such that I get horizontal bars?

And about interactive, I would need to load another graph based on a click in this graph, depending on where the user has clicked. Also, I should be able to dynamically add text to the graph, eg. which Audit each horizontal bar represents, etc.

Thanks & Regards,

Gayathri Shanbhag

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed Chart type to bar with everything else the same, i.e. value points numeric, I now get the horizontal bars.

How exactly to make this graph interactive?

Thanks,

Gayathri Shanbhag