cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this scenario that customer needs to return a material because of certain issue. We created a return delivery via VA01 and when we are about to do the next step which is VL01N, I got error "no delivery-relevant items in order #####, order type ZRE".

I checked the status of the return document and I found out it is already "completed" but we have not taken any step yet other than VA01. See this [image|http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h336/809836724/sd/return_issue.jpg] .

Why is the status already completed when it is not yet really complete? Please help me analyze this. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLEASE DISREGARD MY SEVERAL POST ABOVE. THEY MAY NOT BE THE REAL ISSUE. IT COULD BE THE REAL ISSUE IS BELOW:

Few things I noticed.

When I select reason for rejection on item level ([see image|http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h336/809836724/rejection_001.jpg]) and saved it, the return document closes? [See image|http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h336/809836724/rejection_002.jpg].

And when it closes, the problem I mentioned on my very first post here on page appears.

QUESTION:

1. Why does the return document gets the "completed" status when I selected "reason for rejection" on the item level even if there is no "post goods receipt" implemented yet? Is that normal?

2. If there is only one item on the sales return document, should you just give the reason for rejection on the header level or on the item level?

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> QUESTION:

> 1. Why does the return document gets the "completed" status when I selected "reason for rejection" on the item level even if there is no "post goods receipt" implemented yet? Is that normal?

> 2. If there is only one item on the sales return document, should you just give the reason for rejection on the header level or on the item level?

1. Yes, this is standard SAP behavior,not only for returns it will happen to any kind of sale document type.System gives the completed status once you assigned the reason for rejection,means no subsequent document to that order.

2.If you set reason for rejection at header level it will applicable to all line items in the document,if you want to mention rejection reason for a particular line item then select the line item and mention reason at line item level.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramak,

In that case, if I have this sales return document and...

on item 1 - I put reason for rejection on the item level

on item 2 - I did not put reason for rejection on the item level

then this would mean I should be able to do "post good receipt" for that sales return document

and for item-2 only.

Is my analysis correct? Please confirm.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
QUESTION:
1. Why does the return document gets the "completed" status when I
  selected "reason for rejection" on the item level even if there is no 
   "post goods receipt" implemented yet? Is that normal?

2. If there is only one item on the sales return document, should you
 just give the reason for rejection on the header level or on the item level?

1. Yes. If you assign reason for rejection for a line item, the status will get changed to "Completed"

2. In either level, you can assign.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

> on item 1 - I put reason for rejection on the item level

> on item 2 - I did not put reason for rejection on the item level

> then this would mean I should be able to do "post good receipt" for that sales return document

> and for item-2 only.

>

> Is my analysis correct? Please confirm.

Yes,your analysis is correct.If the sale document have two line items in that for one line item you mention reason for

rejection,this won't come in to delivery.The second line item which was not maintained the reason for rejection only come in

to delivery.

For returns maintaining reason for rejection at header level is not mandatory, it is depends upon the business

requirement,you can maintain at item level.

Regards

Ram

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow-up question,

1. for sales return document, is it mandatory to have "reason for rejection" at the header level?

2. Is there a way to disable it (header level) and just put rejection reason on the item level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question, for sales return document, is it mandatory to have "reason for rejection" at the header level?

Is there a way to disable it (header level) and just put rejection reason on the item level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramak, please confirm my last question. thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check assignment of shipping point and delivery point in logistics execution (spro) part because the problem lies in that part only

Former Member
0 Kudos

avanish, shipping point determination is okay. still the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEADER STATUS:

OVerall status - completed

rejection status - everything rejected

delivery status - not delivered

credit status - not performed

ITEM STATUS:

OVerall status - completed

reason for rejection - number 12

delivery status - not delivered (completed)

ITEM CATEGORY

REN - "item relevant for delivery" has no check mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

ashish005, it has shipping point from the very beginning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following assignment

Shipping point assignment with shipping conditions and loading group.

Menu Path: Logistic>Shipping>Basic Shipping Functions>shipping point and Goods Receiving Point Determination>Assign Shipping Point.

This Error is will be solved from this configuration

GO ahead!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is confusing that the return document is already closed but there is no other document next to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Check the below link.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2058155

Regards

Ram